This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
Our client has an IMMEDIATE opportunity for full-time Network Specialist at Fort Wainwright, Alaska. You will provide overall network infrastructure support to routing and switching equipment, firewalls and IDS/IPS, and associated cabling. The Network Specialist ensures that the LAN/WAN is capable of providing required services by supporting the network infrastructure through the use of troubleshooting and problem resolution in a production environment. In order to meet these requirements, the Network Specialist must be familiar with Cisco firewalls, Cisco, Alcatel, Hewlett-Packard, Nortel and NetScreen VPN devices and IDSs.
* Provides daily operational support for LAN/WAN networks, including firewalls
* Plans, installs and supports hardware and software upgrades; resolves technical issues associated with network and routing protocols at all levels of the OSI model through the use of diagnostics and network administration tools such as Hewlett Packard (HP) OpenView, Cisco Works and Tivoli
* An understanding of Management Information Blocks (MIB) and MRTG to measure, plan and execute methodologies to ensure high performance levels and minimum downtime
* Responsible for maintaining LAN - WAN barrier systems to prevent unauthorized access to MTF systems
* Use diagnostic utilities to identify and isolate problems encountered on different mediums and network protocols, gather latency statistics and find specific network bottlenecks, evaluate problems and implement fix actions through device reconfiguration or replacement depending on the circumstances
* *Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline such as Computer Sciences and 3years related experience - OR - successful completion of certified Tech/Voc school and/or comparable Department ofDefense technical training , plus eight (8) years of directly related, progressively complex experience
* *Current CCNA required
* *Security+ CE certification required
* Requires a self-motivated individual possessing excellent people, verbal and written communication skills
* Must have strong network experience maintaining Cisco switches and routers, and trouble-shooting general LAN/WAN problems
Must have good knowledge on general security methodologies such as firewalls, IDS/IPS and access control lists