This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Network Engineer is responsible for daily operational maintenance and support of the data network, which includes WAN, LAN, VLAN and WLAN. This position works within the IT Infrastructure Group, which is responsible for the design, maintenance, security and general health of the IT infrastructure. The stability and performance of the network is achieved by monitoring the network and by the installation, maintenance, support and optimization of all network hardware, software and communication links. The Network Engineer will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
The Network Engineer's role is to work independently as well as a member of the IT Infrastructure Group to plan and coordinate activities necessary to maintain the health of the network.
The Network Engineer must have a background in Best Practices for configuring Cisco network infrastructure solutions; preferably in the healthcare industry. This position is an integral component of the organization and will work with the IT Infrastructure Group and other IT/IS Departments on a daily basis. The position reports to the Director of IT Infrastructure.
Minimum of two years' experience with a broad range of communications equipment, tools and services to maintain the network including but not limited to: routers, switches, WANs, LANs, VLANs, WLANs, Sniffer, Wildpackets, WireShark, Etherpeak, Cisco Prime, BlueCoat Reverse Proxy Servers, Solar Winds and TACACS.
Education and Training: (Acquired through formal education, outside study, training on jobs of lesser degree, or by any combination of these. May be expressed in terms of formal educational equivalents): Bachelor's degree or suitable work experience.
License, Certification CCNA, CCNP or other industry recognized certifications. This is preferred but not required.
* Capable of following directions
* Must be resourceful, creative and flexible
* Good aptitude for communicating with people
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
* Believes in providing the highest quality of service to the customer
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills
* Applies established decision making process when making decisions that affect clients
* Work successfully in a team structure and maintains a collaborative culture
* Can work independently with little direction