Network Engineer 8/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OnsiteRIS is a different kind of IT Company. Why Because we understand that if we put our people first, our customers will receive the very best care as a result.
OnsiteRIS is a leader in providing IT managed services to the smartest companies in the nation. Join our team to:
Be an Enterprise Operations NetworkEngineer and eradicate technical issues for our clients! Help us continue to provide our clients with the best service through technical knowhow and thorough communication. Do you have a knack for designing and maintaining complex systems You have a spot waiting for you at OnsiteRIS!
Key Qualifications include being a strong people person and communicator, highly organized, self-starter, active listener, have a passion for helping others, are good at diagnosing technical issues, adapt quickly to change and enjoy multi-tasking.
As an Enterprise Operations NetworkEngineer at OnsiteRIS, you will provide technical assistance and support related computer systems, hardware, and software, run diagnostic programs, isolate problems and implement solutions.
At OnsiteRIS, you will boost effectiveness by using your skills in Windows and Mac and retail POS environments, documenting resolution procedures and diagnose and treat second level Helpdesk issues on the LAN , WAN and VPN's. Prior experience with ConnectWise a plus. Skill sets utilized in this position include: Windows, Linux, UNIX, connectivity to routers, firewalls, and switches. Minimum 8 years IT related experience. Minimum 8 years IT related experience.
* Install, support and maintain hardware and software infrastructure according to best practices, including routers, switches, Wi-Fi controllers, and firewalls.
* Perform network security design and integration;
* Diagnose problems and solve issues, often under time constraints
* Provide network and host based security, incident response, firewall and VPN management and administration
* Implement the necessary controls and procedures to protect information systems assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, or destruction
* Assist in the development of guidelines and procedures for administration and security best practices
* Provide network documentation
* Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
* Monitor network usage, anticipate problems and suggest solutions
* Manage projects and maintenance tasks in ConnectWise (ticketing system)
* Work closely with colleagues to meet team goals and improve processes and practices.
* Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
* Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
* Secures networksystem by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
*Experience with Fortinet hardware
* Experience with SonicWALL hardware
* Experience with Cisco hardware
* Server/infrastructure knowledge is a plus
Do you love learning OnsiteRIS will expect you to remain up-to-date with emerging technologies in the industry.
OnsiteRIS is a growing company that offers its employees a competitive salary and the best benefits package in the industry.
Strong candidates will have a background check, drug screening and technical interview.