Network Engineer 2
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
O Fallon, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONNetwork Engineer 2Job ID:
Harris Corporation is looking for a Network Engineer responsible for configuring, managing, monitoring, and maintaining government Command and Control (C2) network devices and some application servers. The Network Engineer will manage the installation, configuration, optimization, and troubleshooting of hardware/software for network devices used on a government network for that purpose. Additional duties include:* Evaluate and install a variety of hardware/software Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government off-the-shelf (GOTS) products on existing and new devices.
* Evaluate and report on new COTS technologies to enhance capabilities of supported network devices and relevant servers.
* Evaluate network performance and capacities to identify problem areas or bottlenecks.
* Recommend and implement solutions, software packages and tools to improve network performance and reliability. Qualifications:* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or similar technical field) and 3+ years related professional experience; or a commensurate combination of education, training and experience.
* IAT Level II certification (Security+ with CE).
* Need to have experience in several of the following areas:
network troubleshooting, routers/switches, Cisco IOS/Junos OS, firewalls, IAVAs/TCNOs, F5 (GTM & LTM) or other load balancing, NetScout/Wireshark or any other packet investigation/analysis tools, SolarWinds monitoring or database tools, Call Manager & unity or other OSCP, DNS, QoS, VPN. Preferred Additional Skills:* Experience related to government networks and systems, Remedy ticket tracking system.
* Ability to generate documentation that describes standard operating procedures, which will be used by helpdesk personnel. This position requires the candidate to obtain a Secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance, you need to be a U.S. Citizen and show proof of citizenship. By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identify, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Network Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - IL - O'Fallon .