This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
vTech Solution Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: NETWORK ENGINEER
LOCATION: Phoenix AZ 85007
DURATION: 12+ months (Strong possibility for an extension)
The NetworkEngineer's role is to ensure the stability and integrity of in-house voice, data, video, and wireless network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization. In addition, the NetworkEngineer will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
The NetworkEngineer helps implement new projects as needed; helps answer Service Desk requests and incidents as needed; helps maintain acceptable performance on the network; and troubleshoots issues with network related services.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES author design documents with the assistance of a project leader; work well within small and large team environments; and analyze problems and resolve issues with both short-term workarounds and long-term solutions.
IDEAL/PREFERRED CANDIDATE WILL HAVE EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING:
* Completed Bachelordegree in Computer Science or related field. Four years of additional general experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree
* 2-3 years' experience with Cisco Networking.
* 1+ year VPN troubleshooting experience.
* Is aware of, and works within, the ITIL and MOF guidelines of IT service and process management
* Current Cisco Certifications, CCNA or CCDP.