Network Engineer 8/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION : NETWORK ENGINEER
LOCATION : PLANO, TX
DURATION : PERMANENT
The successful candidate will work with the NetworkEngineering team in their day-to-day responsibilities by ensuring highly available network designs and implementations of critical network infrastructure components for the organization. This role is part of the Unified Communications infrastructure organization, which includes voice, data, video and collaboration technologies.
* Responsible for design, engineering, analysis, configuration, and troubleshooting of company's network infrastructure and services, including Cisco switches, routers, LAN/WAN, firewalls, WiFi and VPN devices, WAN protocols, and advanced knowledge of dynamic routing protocols such as BGP.
* Design and implement network solutions to support a wide variety of business applications.
* Work with the application areas and lines of business to provide technology solutions to their business needs.
* Research and evaluate new technologies and make recommendations based on findings.
* Collaborate with peers to proactively identify potential issues and areas of improvements in existing network environment.
* Maintain detailed documentation for IT infrastructure.
* Provide third level of support troubleshooting issues affecting our network.
* Manages to the tactical and operational plan for assigned technology projects in support of critical business objectives
* Assists in the execution of departmental and corporate programs
* Leverages infrastructure technology to develop and/or redesign technology solutions
* Builds, leverages, and maintains effective alliances across technical and business community
* Interacts with customers to achieve efficient, effective results
* Multi-tasks, prioritizes according to business priorities and production availability requirements
* A successful candidate will have exceptional interpersonal skills, technical communication skills, as well as a strong work ethic and positive attitude
* Minimum of 5-10 years of hands-on experiences designing and supporting complex network solutions in a large organization
* Candidate must possess excellent troubleshooting skills, thought leadership, and be able to teach or coach junior members of the team.
* Ability to quickly learn new and deploy new concepts and technologies
* Experience designing and supporting the following:
- CISCO ROUTING AND SWITCHING TECHNOLOGIES (CISCO NEXUS 5K/7K SWITCHES, CISCO CATALYST 6000 SWITCHES, CISCO ASR1000 ROUTERS, ETC)
- Knowledge of emerging technologies such as Fabric Path, VPC, VDC, OTV, and FCoE
- Local and Global Server Load-Balancing (F5,Netscaler)
- Routing protocols, firewalls, QOS, and Multicast (OSPF, BGP, ASA FWs)
- WAN technologies (MPLS, IPSEc, VPN)
- Network Management and Performance Analysis tools
- Wireless Network Infrastructure (Wireless LAN Controllers, Cisco NCS,)
- STORAGE AREA NETWORKING
- Business Knowledge & Partnership
- Network , route/switch/datacenter
- LOADBALANCERS, ISE, ACS, F5
* Certifications: CCNP,CCIE
retail, e-commerce experience is a huge plus
senior level technical skills required