Network Engineer 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB LOCATION : PORTLAND OR
JOB TYPE : FULL TIME WITH SYNTEL INC
10 -15 years ITExperience
* 10 + Years of experience supporting large scale networks, with 30% and higher wireless adoption
* Demonstrates the following skills and behaviors:
* Superior knowledge, skills and experience with Cisco routing hardware, software, protocols etc.
* Advanced ability to troubleshoot issues with network wired and wireless infrastructure
* Advanced knowledge of Cisco network design best practices
* Strong skills and experience around wireless networktechnologies, specifically Cisco Wireless LAN controller design, implementation and troubleshooting
* Thorough understanding of modern service provider TCP/IP data networks using standards and technologies
* Strong working knowledge of structured cabling systems, network facilities, electrical, UPS, etc.
* Ability to work alone as an individual contributor, as a technical lead, and as a participant in a team environment.
* Router, Switch and IP configuration experience is required.
* Strong understanding of centrally controlled 802.11 wireless systems, including Guest wireless
access/control--including topology/design elements of tunnelized CAPWAP traffic engineering
* Strong understanding of endpoint authentication systems for wireless (WPA2, PKI, etc.)
* Advanced Knowledge of Cisco operating systems * Ability to communicate with customers.
* Solid background in *NIX operating systems (Linux, Solaris, etc.) General knowledge of 802.11 Wireless technologies, specifically on Cisco Wireless Controllers
* A high degree of Customer Service skills.
* An understanding of Remedy (or similar ticket management system) and how to manage tickets.
* Willingness to work with others on problems that may not be specifically Network related.
* A commitment to total quality and the process of continuous improvement.
* Ability to work in an office environment and interact with others.
* Willing to travel to Daimler remote locations for network related support
* Current Cisco Certification: CCNP or higher
ABOUT US. Syntel is a leading global provider of digital transformation, IT and knowledge process outsourcing services. Founded in 1980 and listed on NASDAQ, we deliver high-value Digital and SMAC solutions, managed DevOps and ITinfrastructure services, technology strategy and consulting, and enterprise-class business solutions to Global 2000 clients. With 2014 revenues of more than $910 Million and 24,000+ associates across the globe, we partner with leading corporations in the banking & financial services, insurance, healthcare, life sciences, retail, logistics and manufacturing industries. We deploy industry and technology-focused Centers of Excellence and a flexible Global Delivery Model to build collaborative client partnerships and deliver solutions that drive innovation, improve quality and reduce costs for our clients.
Syntel has more than 30 locations worldwide, including four U.S. development centers (Phoenix, Nashville, Memphis and Baltimore) and regional offices across North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.