This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONUnder the direction of Director of Infrastructure and Support, NetworkEngineer is responsible for ensuring the stability, integrity, expendability and efficient operation of the telecommunication and networksystems that support core organizational functions.
This position will implement and manage Enterprise Telecommunication, WAN and LAN strategy and resources across the organization, as part of the Network Infrastructure team. NetworkEngineer will take a critical role in installation, monitoring, maintenance, support and optimization of all network hardware and software, communication and related equipment and systems. This individual will also troubleshoot, analyze, and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, using proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues.
1. Implementing, maintaining, monitoring and supporting data network hardware and software, telecommunications and related equipment and systems.
* Implement, support, and maintain information systems network, telecommunication, storage area network and related services, equipment, and resources, acting as the subject matter expert, with minimal third party support or assistance
* Assists the lead networkengineer in capacity planning and configuration assessments for routing/switching environment, security, IP telephony, storage area network, and other network related systems;
* Recommends technical solutions that will enhance performance, increase redundancy, and add flexibility to the existing infrastructure.
* In the primarily Cisco networking environment, serve as the subject matter expert for the various Cisco systems and technologies, including access switches, routers, core and distribution switches, data center switches, firewall, wireless controllers, Cisco Unified Communication products and other related products and services
* Expertly configure, troubleshoot, and maintain connectivity related issues on different types of IPSec (VPN) endpoints including Cisco Firewall, Dell SonicWall and other, to both internal and external customers
* Apply patches and upgrades on as needed basis following best practices approach, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities; configure / add new services as necessary.
* Perform ongoing proactive performance tuning, hardware upgrades and resource optimization as required and as authorized.
* Maintain and be accountable for system and network high availability
* Repair and recover from hardware or software failures; coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies; proactively identify potential risks and implement mitigation plans
* Maintain the appropriate relationships with 3rd party vendors and evaluate vendor hardware, software, and communications products to provide recommendations for purchases with organization's business objectives in mind.
* Adhere to system standards and follow best practices methodology
* Conduct after-hours maintenance as needed
* Install and maintain assigned network and telecommunications equipment and resources
* Provide Tier I/II/other support per request from various constituencies.
2. Creates, maintains, reviews and is accountable for accurate and current documentation, reports, project plans and log files
* Proactively or as assigned create, review and update documentation and reports, appropriate to tasks and projects.
* Maintain current and accurate network maps, wireless heat maps, equipment distribution and capacity planning documents, and other as directed
* Maintain and review system, access and security log files on networking and related equipment on a regular basis, following established procedures and best practices
* Gather and input data for regular reports distributed by the IS department.
* Ability to create whitepaper level informational documentation or procurement recommendations
3. Supports IS related projects by utilizing expert knowledge and experience
* Provide expert level support for IS related projects and tasks as directed by the supervisor, including but not limited to new system deployments, system upgrades, vendor and/or system selections, construction projects and other.
4. Functions as a Team Member to ensure the facility delivers the highest quality care to its patients.
* Recognizes limits of other team members and functions accordingly. Respects feelings of other team members.
* Listens attentively and actively seeks clarification.
* Attends and actively participates in department and facility meetings and classes, including annual fire, safety, and disaster programs.
* Actively participates in, and encourages others to speak honestly, and utilize creative and innovative approaches to accomplish tasks. Shares pertinent information with other personnel.
* Accepts criticism as opportunities for improvement.
* Ability to make recommendations and keep an open mind on various resource vendors, consultant, and solutions
5. Demonstrates Time Management, Ability to Prioritize, and Professionalism
* Selects priorities and organizes work and time to meet them
* Performs duties in a self-directed manner with minimal supervision or direction.
* Ensures routine and priority tasks are completed in established departmental time frames.
* Maintains a good rapport with co-workers and medical staff.
* Maintains a quiet and professional attitude at all times.
* Observes dress code and appears neat and well groomed.
* Reports to work on time and notifies supervisor if delayed.
* Does not abuse sick time.
* Sets example for other professionals in health care.
* Takes advantage of learning experiences.
* Participates in departmental meetings as indicated.
* Always respects patient's privacy, dignity, and confidentiality.
* Takes appropriate initiative and action, and promptly discusses with supervisor, any concerns relative to quality of patient care.
6. Universal Criteria
A. Improvement Commitments:
* Demonstrates commitment to quality by suggesting ways to improve quality, documentation, and productivity.
* Demonstrates responsibility for ongoing personal development, professional growth and continuing education
B. Policies and Procedures
* Follows safety procedures, operates equipment and performs job related duties in a safe manner which prevents accidents from occurring.
* Observes the departmental dress and grooming code standards and consistently wears hospital identification badge.
* Complies with laws, rules, regulations, standards and hospital policies, inclusive of billing and coding compliance. Reports compliance issues through the chain of command, to the compliance officer, or to the hotline (ext. 5005).
* Protects from unauthorized or inappropriate disclosure, all confidential patient and hospital information in accordance with HIPPA regulations and hospital policies. Reports privacy issues through the chain of command, to the privacy officer, or to the privacy hotline (ext. 5205).
C. Departmental Responsibilities
* Support other processes and projects as assigned.
* 4+ years of data network support experience including 2+ years in enterprise environment; experience in healthcare environment is a plus
* Experience with the following systems and technologies:
* Cisco Access switches, including 3750/3850
* Cisco routers, including ASR 1000 series 1001 router
* Cisco ASA 5500 firewalls
* Hands-on experience on expert level working with Network Monitoring and Troubleshooting tools including SolarWinds and Wireshark
* Experience adhering to PCI Compliance guidelines and Bicsi standards
* Must have excellent verbal and written skills.
* Cisco Core and Distribution switches, including 6500 series 6509 switches
* Cisco Data Center switches, including Nexus 5000 series 5596 switches
* Expert knowledge of VoIP (H.323 and SIP) and QOS
* Experience working with SNMP, Radius, TACACS
* Cisco Wireless