Network Engineer 8/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY My client is looking for a NETWORK ENGINEER for their location in WYOMISSING, PA. This is a Permanent Position offering a salary range of $63-$94K. Local talent only, Driving distance.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Analyze, design, test and evaluate network systems, such as local area networks (LAN) wide area networks (WAN), Internet, intranet and other data communications systems of both internal and external network infrastructures. Provide support and maintenance to eliminate problems and make improvements to ensure network availability to all users. Research and recommend network and data communications hardware and software. Network Engineers interact with customers on a daily basis and need to maintain solution accuracy, a willingness to search for solutions, and an overall professional attitude.
Analyze, Design and implement systems, network configurations, and network architecture, including hardware and software technology, site locations, and integration of technologies.
2. Identify areas of operation that need upgraded equipment such as routers, switches, cabling, and telephony.
3. Test and evaluate hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing system, and make purchase recommendations.
4. Assist users to diagnose and solve data communication problems.
5. Monitor system performance and provide security measures, troubleshooting and maintenance as needed.
6. Responsible for managing medium to large projects
7. Experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
8L lead and direct the work of others
9. Current technical understanding of technology within their discipline.
10. Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
11. Pre and post-sales support to Sales Team
12. Participate in the On-Call rotation
* 5-8 years' experience in the field or a related area.
* Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, WLAN, and WWAN design and implementation.
* Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
* Proven experience with firewall products, particularly Cisco firewalls and intrusion detection/prevention systems.
* Strong technical knowledge of Internet network protocols and standards, and including IPV4, IPV6, DNS, FTP, SFTP, SSH, SNMP and NTP.
* Working knowledge of BGP, OSFP, EIGRP, and high-availability network design and configuration.
* Working knowledge of bandwidth shaping and policing.
* Strong, hands-on technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Windows and Linux based systems.
* Excellent troubleshooting skills.
* Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits.
* Competence with Microsoft Visio. 12. Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION TO GET MORE DETAILS ABOUT CLIENT AND THE JOB OPENING, SO WE CAN DISCUSS AND PROCEED FOR NEXT STEP.