This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONDetermine user requirements and design specifications for computer networks. The technical skills include the ability to install, support and maintain the software infrastructure.
* BACHELOR\'S DEGREE IN COMPUTER SCIENCE OR A RELATED FIELD REQUIRED. 5 TO 7 YEARS' EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
* MUST POSSESS A WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF ALCATEL-LUCENT 745, CISCO ASR91, CANOGA NETWORK INTERFACE DEVICES, AND CISCO 659 AT A MINIMUM.
* MUST BE FAMILIAR WITH CIRCUIT PROVISIONING PROCESS WITHIN METASOLV. MUST BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY.
* MUST POSSESS A CLEAR UNDERSTANDING OF TCP/IP NETWORKING INCLUDING SUB NETTING AND THE OSI MODEL.
* Perform provisioning and troubleshooting of layer 2 networks in the course of turning up equipment.
* Work with field technicians when turning up Network Interface Devices (NID) at customer locations and perform fault isolation when needed.
* Provision Ethernet Virtual Circuits (EVC) remotely on varied types of devices throughout layer 2 network.
* Coordinates test installation and rearrangement of Ethernet virtual circuits with internal and external customers.
* Complete parameter and measurements testing focusing on digital technologies utilizing remote test devices.
* Control and direct test efforts of employees at remote sites when applicable. Maintain and update records in provisioning systems M6 MetaSolv to include jeopardy and status remarks.
* Answer calls for test assist on installation and possibly repair as it relates to the provisioning process for network interface devices and Ethernet virtual circuits when necessary.
* May be required to perform additional duties and tasks as required by the Company.
* Must be able / willing to work flexible schedule as required by the needs of the business.