This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Saint Petersburg, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONSKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
* MUST POSSESS A WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF ALCATEL-LUCENT 7450, CISCO ASR9010, CANOGA NETWORK INTERFACE DEVICES, AND CISCO 6509 AT A MINIMUM.
* MUST BE FAMILIAR WITH CIRCUIT PROVISIONING PROCESS WITHIN METASOLV.
* Must be able to communicate effectively.
* MUST POSSESS A CLEAR UNDERSTANDING OF TCP/IP NETWORKING INCLUDING SUB NETTING AND THE OSI MODEL.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Perform provisioning and troubleshooting of layer 2 networks in the course of turning up equipment.
* Work with field technicians when turning up Network Interface Devices (NID) at customer locations and perform fault isolation when needed.
* Provision Ethernet Virtual Circuits (EVC) remotely on varied types of devices throughout layer 2 network.
* Coordinates test installation and rearrangement of Ethernet virtual circuits with internal and external customers.
* Complete parameter and measurements testing focusing on digital technologies utilizing remote test devices.
* Control and direct test efforts of employees at remote sites when applicable.
* Maintain and update records in provisioning systems M6 MetaSolv to include jeopardy and status remarks.
* Answer calls for test assist on installation and possibly repair as it relates to the provisioning process for network interface devices and Ethernet virtual circuits when necessary.