Network Engineer, Sr I 8/16/2016
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsible for planning, designing, implementing and administering all the components of voice infrastructure that includes but not limited to Cisco Call Manager, SIP Trunking, Unity Connection, Jabber, Contact Center, Meeting Place, Webex and Video services. Co-ordinates and participates in ongoing support activities that require 24/7 coverage. Proposes strategies to improve user experience and creates processes and approaches to automate and adopt self-provisioning methods. Consistently reviews and monitors the infrastructure with a view to improve stability and efficiency of the services. Participates in network administration activities as identified by management.
This position requires strong inter-personal and communication skills along with the ability to multi-task and solve problems. Ability to schedule, prioritize, accomplish assigned activities and communicate actions and results is must. Ability to lead/execute projects from start to end as assigned. Oversee as well as build, configure, and / or upgrade new or existing system components to meet functional requirements Interacts within and across the group and collaborates with management keeping company-wide projects & goals in view. Guides junior peers with aspects of their job as required/assigned.
* 5+ years of strong experience working with Cisco UC systems
* 2+ years of strong experience in networking functions
* CCVP / CCIE equivalent certification or well proven experience/expertise for similar capabilities
* Deep understanding and experience with latest collaboration tools such as Jabber and/or Lync.
* Programming experience in automating general day to day tasks is a plus.
* Experience in deploying and administering mobile platforms
* MS degree in computer science or equivalent is desirable
* Excellent documentation, presentation, and problem solving skills
* Excellent communication skills and client-facing skills