This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/14/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMastech is a growing company dedicated to innovation and teamwork. We are currently seeking a Network Engineer for our client in the Services domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Permanent position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Location: Tampa, FL
Compensation: Minimum $70,000.00/Annually
Role: Network Engineer
Role Description: The Network Engineer would need to have at least 5 years of experience. This Candidate will be responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing of network infrastructure and application components.
A Network Engineer performs a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation and training tasks to ensure the computer network performance meets company and user satisfaction. This Network Engineer also provides direction, information, and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.).
- Configure and setup Cisco Firewalls, VPN Concentrators and Security appliances for access to vital business applications.
- Design, setup and configure complex switching environments.
- Design, setup and configure complex wireless networking that supports open or secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking.
- Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS, Ether-Channel (Bonding), etc.
- Configuring and installing client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication systems.
- Maintaining multi-site network operations and software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance with both private and public facilities.
- Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors and etc. to provide technical assistance and support.
- Supervising the administration of systems and servers related network to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- Complete time logs within 48 hours of completing tasks to ensure accurate and timely billing of customers.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
- Technical, analytical and interpersonal skills required.
- Cisco Unified Communication Manager Configuration and infrastructure a plus.
- Windows Server 2003 & 2008; Exchange and/or SQL experience a plus.
- Knowledge of VoIP implementation and support.
- Maintain network security through proper configuration of VPN and Firewalls.
- Ability to communicate in both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a small business environment.
- Availability in response to needs of the customer for installation, maintenance and equipment malfunctions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Current CCNA and/or CCDA certificate.
Education: 4 years
Experience: Minimum 5 years
Relocation: No, this position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes