Network Engineer Task Manager 8/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Operational Task Manager is responsible for the complete Operational lifecycle project management of both short and long term Exchange, Client, Vendor low latency connectivity requests. The requests can originate from internal BU teams or the external Client/Vendor.
* including but not limited to the planning, coordinating, implementation and tracking of a specific deliverables related to the request.
* In addition, the Operation Task Manager will be responsible for managing delivery across internal teams and third-party contractors/ consultants as well as be able to identify, assess and escalate issues in order to minimize potential project risks.
* Define the scope of operational work in collaboration with Enterprise Network Services and Business Unit management
* Develop, manage and track to an established (and agreed) schedule while effectively allocating resources to the activities
* Review the project schedule with management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities
* Provide weekly status reporting internally and externally as required
* Additional responsibilities would include driving process efficiency and on-going development of deployment practices including the Permit to Operate / Change Management processes.
1) Responsibility will include on-site cover in line with Morgan Stanley's policies.
Understanding of routing protocols OSPF, RIP, BGP, multicast, MPLS (L3 VPN, L2 VPN, VPLS, preferably from a provider point of view).
Understanding of layer 2 protocols HDLC, PPP, spanning-tree protocols
Understanding of Wireless technologies and devices (CAPWAP, WLC, FlexConnect, etc.)
Device platforms including Juniper, Cisco, Arista, Cylades, BNT, HP etc
Scripting experience (shell, PERL, etc)
Project management/coordination (optional)
Candidate will be responsible for hygiene related audits and changes to the network, as well as miscellaneous requests involving configurations changes on large quantity scale. Implement and document any recommendations for change management, life cycle management, and problem management issues as required.
1) Global Maintenance of device configuration as per certified standards and Engineering recommendations
2) Create, administer, and execute changes in mass-scale device quantity
3) Act as team representative for weekly change management review meetings
4) Provide coordination and act as a team interface between Network Operations and the Engineering, Deployment, and Security teams
5) Conduct network audits and risk assessment as required and remediate if necessary
6) Review posted documentation to ensure network is in adherence to and compliant of any mandates
7) Create, debug, and maintain scripts to optimize work flow
8) Facilitate and coordinate work with external vendors for areas that are not under current management
9) Participate in design and peer reviews
10) Adapt and transform operational and/or functional needs into solutions