This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
Cherokee Nation Technologies
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Indian Health Service (IHS), an agency within the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), is responsible for providing federal health services to American Indians and Alaska Natives
The IHS delivery system is composed of 12 administrative Area Offices, which oversee local Service Units. Each Area Office has the responsibility for operating the IHS program within a designated geographical region.
To support the agency mission, the IHS Office of Information Technology (OIT), manages the Resource and Patient Management System (RPMS). It is a distributed electronic healthcare information system deployed at IHS sites and includes clinical, administrative, and financial information on patients and resources. It is also integrated with the Agency’s national data repository, the National Patient Information Reporting System (NPIRS) and with applications to securely exchange patient information with other healthcare providers.
In support of the RPMS and other applications, the Office of Information Technology manages the network infrastructure to provide network connectivity between IHS sites and to external networks such as the Internet, other Government departments and healthcare partners supporting IHS to deliver services.
They are in need of a Network Engineer to aid in their mission.
The successful candidate will support the installation and management of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) trunks for voice, video and data communication. The SIP trunks will be used to allow distributed VoIP systems across IHS to exchange call routing information and to have IP access to the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) through SIP gateways hosted at OIT data centers. The contractor shall:
• Setup and support SIP trunk connections between telecommunication service providers and the IHS network.
• Configure and support Session Border Controllers to securely terminate SIP trunk connections.
• Perform acceptance testing for SIP trunk services from providers.
• Configure and support Cisco Session Management Edition (SME) for SIP-to-SIP connections.
• Troubleshoot and support voice and video connection and quality issues for calls over SIP trunks and Cisco SME.
• Support the IHS with the transition of voice services from the Networx and WITS contract to the Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions (EIS) contract.
• Place draft orders for voice circuits, calling cards, toll-free numbers, Instant Meeting subscriptions and long distance services.
• Maintain inventory information of voice circuits, calling cards, toll-free numbers, Instant Meeting subscriptions and long distance services.
• Support area sites to isolate call failure issues related to PSTN calls through PRI circuits procured through the Networx and EIS contracts.
• Support area sites to isolate call failure issues related to toll-free numbers procured through the Networx and EIS contracts.
• Support area sites to isolate call failure issues related to Long Distance services procured through the Networx and EIS contracts.
• Initiate and mange support calls with telecommunication providers as required.
• Experience designing network infrastructure to deliver zero down time in large enterprise networks similar in size, type and complexity as the IHS network environment
• Experience designing and supporting Cisco IOS, and NX-OS features including BGP, OSPF, Fiber Channel over Ethernet and virtual Port Channels
• Ability to Obtain Public Trust Clearance
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Apply to Job # 10433 online at www.cherokee-cnt.com
Since 2009, Cherokee Nation Technologies (CNT) has been serving government clients with time-tested solutions that increase client effectiveness through the intelligent use of technology. CNT’s expertise includes software and application services, network services, and business process services. The company is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, with a regional office in Ft. Collins, Colorado, and client locations nationwide. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNT is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, click here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf