Network Engineer (WAN / LAN /IPT & Security Technology)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONNEEDED: NETWORK ENGINEER (CCNA IS A +); FULL-TIME/SALARIED (~$60K-$70K/YR+ BONUS(3%-10%)/BENEFITS); CHICAGO, IL 60604
*Please note that this is a full-time permanent salaried position w/benefits, U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time. Salary Range: $60k-$70K plus bonus(3-10%)*
Horizon Technology Partners has an immediate opening for a experienced Network Engineer (CCNA preferred). Your skills are needed to assist large company Residential Property Management Firm headquartered in Chicago, IL. with supporting their CISCO LAN/WAN/Security/IP-Telephony infrastructure for their 10+ location enterprise environment. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas; network infrastructure, data communications, security and telecommunications systems as well as monitoring, diagnosing and resolving network and hardware problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
CURRENT ENVIRONMENT: 125 Servers (75% Virtual on cisco UCS chassis, 25% Physical HP Servers); Routers (28xx and 38xx); Switches (Catalyst 3560, 3500, 6513), Protocls (MPLS, IPSEC), VOIP (Cisco UCM, Cisco Unity Connection; Microsoft LYNC Server 2010; Security (Sophos/Astaro Security Gateway V8, Sophos/Astaro RED (remote Ethernet device); VPN/Wireless (Juniper SA2500)
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Assisting with Network and Infrastructure upgrades
- Developing, Maintaining, Monitoring and Supporting: network infrastructure, data communications, security and telecommunications systems and resolving network and hardware problems.
- Provide support for all WAN routers, LAN switching, firewall, and IP-Telephony solutions
- Supporting the clients voice/data infrastructure performance and security, LAN/WAN upgrades as necessary
- Provide 24/7 on-call support
- 3+ years' experience with CISCO hardware/network and infrastructure equipment
- Experience working with WAN/LAN/IPT & Security technology
- Experience executing network technology rollouts
- CCNA desired.
- Working knowledge of Network Management and Administration tool
- Knowledge of voice (VOIP) and data hardware, software and services including telecommunications equipment, servers, networking, email, storage, backup and email systems.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Networking, or IT strongly desired
- Microsoft Office
- Strong Oral & Written Communication skills
- Must be flexible for periodic travel associated with network infrastructure upgrades and installations - up to 30% travel required