This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Arnold & Porter LLP
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe IT Department of Arnold & Porter LLP has an opening for a Network Engineer in the Washington, D.C. office. The Network Engineer will operate in a team environment to support the engineering and operations of the data/voice infrastructure in a global enterprise network.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Supporting, designing, building, and implementing network technologies in a global Cisco enterprise.
* Troubleshooting IP based LANs/WANs and IP based routing and switching solutions utilizing Cisco network technologies.
* Assisting in the development of strategies for network growth, security, and enhancements by utilizing the full complement of functions of network equipment such as Cisco Routers, Switches, ASA Firewalls, Riverbed Steelhead, and Cisco security solutions products.
* Interfacing with vendors and suppliers to ensure adequate delivery and maintenance of equipment and services.
* Assisting in the creation of processes and procedures for network operations.
* Performing routine and emergency maintenance of all data center networking equipment.
* Escalating and partnering with other IT staff to diagnose and resolve enterprise application or network issues.
* Participating in the on-call rotation to provide infrastructure support for escalated events (evenings, weekends, holidays).
* A minimum of three years of experience providing networking support in a LAN/WAN Cisco networking environment.
* Preferred CCNA certification, as well as demonstrated experience with VPN, QoS, SNMP, IP routing (e.g. BGP, EIGRP), switching and TCP/IP concepts in general.
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience configuring and supporting a Cisco UCS environment, specifically CallManager, Unity, UCCX.
* Experience with Riverbed Steelheads and Cisco ASA firewalls is preferred.
* Ability to work under pressure and efficiently provide solutions.
* Excellent customer service skills and strong initiative.
* Proven ability to meet deadlines for deliverables.
* College degree preferred; equivalent experience will be considered.
* Flexibility to provide after-hours end-user support (evenings, weekends, holidays) through our on-call program.
* Prior law firm experience is preferred, but not required.
Arnold & Porter is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our Firm's policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Arnold & Porter maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster. Arnold & Porter LLP is an EO Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability