This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
Trimble Navigation Limited
Trimble is recruiting for a Network Engineer to fill an opportunity in Westminster, CO.
This is an exciting opportunity to be member of Trimble's global, corporate networking team. Responsible for assisting with network design, implementation and operation of the company s internal world-wide communications systems, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs) and voice networks.
Act as network lead for their designated geographical region which includes: planning, designing, and implementing networked systems. Will be involved in troubleshooting and maintaining vendor networks connections including configurations, supporting/troubleshooting network problems, and coordinating with vendors for installation of such items as circuits, routers, bridges, concentrators, switches and other devices as required. Provides training and assists with proposal writing. Responsible for project planning, cost analysis, and vendor comparisons.
* Operational support and incident resolution.
* Work with a team to design, implement and support Trimble's network infrastructure at its datacenters and global sites
* Architect / design LAN/WAN solutions for a designated geographic region.
* Develop and maintain standard configurations, procedures and guidelines for installing and operating voice & data services
* Participate in capacity planning and technology reviews with the Network Infrastructure team
* Maintain the network infrastructure to high levels of availability with basic and expedited support to resolve networking related issues
* Interface with ISP and carriers to install/commission/test new WAN/Internet circuits at remote sites, as well as interface with vendors to identify and purchase hardware & software requirements to meet business requirements
* Design, manage and maintain wireless networks.
* Occasional on-call duties.
* Occasional travel.
Skills & Experience Required - Desired/Preferred skills are denoted
* Team player
* Willingness to learn and continue education.
* BS or BA degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, or equivalent education, training or work experience is required.
* Proven competence in the development, implementation and maintenance of complex network systems with 5 to 7 years experience in a networking enterprise environment.
* Cisco certifications:
* CCNA - Routing and Switching or CCNA - Security
* CCNP or higher qualifications greatly preferred
* Experience with the following technologies in design/implement/troubleshooting capacity is essential:
* LAN: Switching - Cisco IOS/Nexus, VLANs, STP/RSTP, CoS, QoS, Ether-channel/Trunking,etc
* Experience with Cisco switches is required, experience with Dell and HP switches desired.
* Routing: EIGRP, BGP, HSRP or VRRP, PBR, etc.
* WAN: T1/Multi-T1, PTP, MPLS, MetroEthernet, etc.
* VPN Solutions: IOS/ASA based L2L and Client access VPN, DMVPN
* Network Management and WAN Optimization: Load balancing/Acceleration (Cisco, Riverbed) or other similar technology, Cisco iWan and/or Silver Peak solutions desired
* Wireless 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ad and other new/emerging standards
* Wireless network design and administration required, experience with AeroHive wireless solutions is greatly desired
* Authentication solutions including Cisco ACS/RADIUS/TACACS / Certificates greatly desired
* Network troubleshooting using packet capture and analysis using tools such as Wireshark
* Cisco VoIP (CUCM, UnityConnection, etc) desired.
* ITIL/ITSM desired but not required.
* Proven experience in setting up new site networks, including racking, installing, configuring LAN/WAN/VoIP hardware/circuits, testing/troubleshooting network connectivity/performance and documentation
* Experience with SolarWinds monitoring/management products or other monitoring systems greatly desired.
* Network security experience desired.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D