Network Engineer with CCNP Certification
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION1) Responsibility will include on-site cover in line with Morgan Stanley's policies.
Understanding of routing protocols OSPF, RIP, BGP, multicast, MPLS (L3 VPN, L2 VPN, VPLS, preferably from a provider point of view).
Understanding of layer 2 protocols HDLC, PPP, spanning-tree protocols
Understanding of Wireless technologies and devices (CAPWAP, WLC, FlexConnect, etc.)
Device platforms including Juniper, Cisco, Arista, Cylades, BNT, HP etc
Scripting experience (shell, PERL, etc)
Project management/coordination (optional)
Candidate will be responsible for hygiene related audits and changes to the network, as well as miscellaneous requests involving configurations changes on large quantity scale. Implement and document any recommendations for change management, life cycle management, and problem management issues as required.
1) Global Maintenance of device configuration as per certified standards and Engineering recommendations
2) Create, administer, and execute changes in mass-scale device quantity
3) Act as team representative for weekly change management review meetings
4) Provide coordination and act as a team interface between Network Operations and the Engineering, Deployment, and Security teams
5) Conduct network audits and risk assessment as required and remediate if necessary
6) Review posted documentation to ensure network is in adherence to and compliant of any mandates
7) Create, debug, and maintain scripts to optimize work flow
8) Facilitate and coordinate work with external vendors for areas that are not under current management
9) Participate in design and peer reviews
10) Adapt and transform operational and/or functional needs into solutions