Network Enigeer 8/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY:
* Determine user requirements and design specifications for computer networks.
* Typically has a Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field with previous experience as a system administrator. The technical skills include the ability to install, support and maintain the software infrastructure.
* Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field required.
* 5 to 7years experience required.
Exercises minimal independent judgment with direction from supervisor.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
* Must Possess a Working Knowledge of Alcatel-Lucent 7450, Cisco ASR9010, Canoga Network Interface Devices, and Cisco 6509 at a minimum.
* Must be Familiar with Circuit Provisioning Process within MetaSolv.
* Must be able to communicate effectively.
* Must possess a clear understanding of TCP/IP networking including sub netting and the OSI model.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Perform provisioning and troubleshooting of layer 2networks in the course of turning up equipment. Work with field technicians when turning up Network Interface Devices (NID) at customer locations and perform fault isolation when needed.
* Provision Ethernet Virtual Circuits (EVC) remotely on varied types of devices throughout layer 2network. Coordinates test installation and rearrangement of Ethernet virtual circuits with internal and external customers.
* Complete parameter and measurements testing focusing on digital technologies utilizing remote test devices. Control and direct test efforts of employees at remote sites when applicable.
* Maintain and update records in provisioning systems M6 MetaSolv to include jeopardy and status remarks.
* Answer calls for test assist on installation and possibly repair as it relates to the provisioning process for network interface devices and Ethernet virtual circuits when necessary.