Network & Hardware Support Tech 1
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCompany Summary
Join a Fortune 500 company in the growing healthcare industry and provide technical support for market-leading software solutions. Henry Schein Practice Solutions, a subsidiary of New York-based Henry Schein, Inc., develops practice management software and electronic services that help dental practices run their businesses. Our solutions lead the market in technology advances and market share, and include product leaders such as Dentrix, Easy Dental, Dentrix Enterprise, Dentrix Ascend (cloud-based) and Viive (Mac) and Tech Central.
Our parent company, Henry Schein, Inc. is the world's largest provider of health care products and services to office-based dental, medical and animal health practitioners. A Fortune 500 Company and a member of the S&P 500 and NASDAQ 100 Indices, Henry Schein employs nearly 19,000 Team Schein Members and serves more than one million customers. The Company's sales reached a record $10.6 billion in 2015.
Desktop support of TechCentral products and services for customers and field technicians including but not limited to computer hardware, operating systems, networking devices, software, and peripherals.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Provides desktop support of TechCentral products and services such as computer hardware, operating systems, networking devices, software, and peripherals for customers and field technicians.
Documents calls and services performed according to stringent guidelines and procedures.
Participates in company meetings and trainings.
Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
* Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures including WorldWide Business Standards.
* Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
Prefer one year of network, software, and hardware work experience in providing the installation, service, and support of computer hardware, operating systems, networking devices, software, and peripherals.
* Experience with installation and troubleshooting of:
* Operating systems, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 2008 Server, Windows 2012 Server
* Dell and HP, servers, desktops, laptops, tablets, other computer hardware
* Networking devices, firewalls, routers, switches
* Peripherals, printers, scanners
* Database software for small businesses, Microsoft Office software, basic SQL databases
* Email, antivirus software, web filtering, virus removal
* Small business data backup systems, backup restorations
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Capable of fulfilling tier I duties required to support computer hardware, operating systems, networking devices, software, and peripherals.
Provide an initial level of support. Must be able to troubleshoot and solve basic technical issues.
Excellent reading, writing, and typing skills.
Familiar with standard office software (Microsoft Office, etc.), email, phone systems, and computer systems.
Other: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
FULL-TIME BENEFITS AVAILABLE:
* Earn generous PTO
* Earn 7 Paid holidays
* Get evenings and weekends off!
* Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
* 401K with competitive company match
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, AD&D
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.