Network Implementation Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
IES Holdings, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
The Network Implementation Technician is responsible for maintaining documentation, implementing business solutions and monitoring performance of computer networks.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* The NIT will design, write, and maintain system documentation and network diagrams.
* The NIT will design and implement business solutions utilizing networking equipment.
* The NIT will use network analysis, management and performance monitoring tools to diagnose problems and determine source.
* The NIT will adhere to and participate in all Company, customer and industry quality and safety standards and regulations.
* The NIT will complete other responsibilities as assigned.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
* The NIT must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and help create, develop and implement project process improvement(s).
* The NIT must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
* The NIT must possess proven problem solving and critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
* The NIT must have experience using network analysis, management and performance monitoring tools to plan for growth, diagnose problems and determine source.
* The NIT must have experience implementing/managing Cisco products including but not limited to (2800/3800/7200 series routers, 2900/3700/6500 series switches, Cisco ASA firewall)
* The NIT must have experience implementing/managing MPLS WAN circuits.
* The NIT must have experience implementing/managing EIGRP/BGP/OSPF routing protocols in an enterprise network environment.
* The NIT must have Cisco ASA or Checkpoint Firewall experience.
* The NIT must have experience implementing V-lan technology in an enterprise environment
* Screwdriver (regular and Phillips), drywall saw, torpedo level, tape measure, snips (with belt sheath), pliers (needle nose and channel locks), hammer, wrench set, cable stripper, flashlight and gloves.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
* High School diploma or GED equivalency.
* Cisco Certifications preferred: CCNA / CCNP / CCDP.
* Mechanical aptitude and willingness to learn.
* Basic construction industry knowledge preferred.
* Must possess and learn to effectively use the listed tools.
* Ability to meet Company minimum driving standards.
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of end of the third quarter of IES s fiscal year (June 30, 2015), IES produced over $574 million in revenue and employed close to 3,000 employees at over 60 locations across the United States.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to housing developments, our employees and design professionals design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
* Safety is Priority One and our record shows it
* Competitive Pay
* Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
* Company Paid Time Off
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term Disability Plans
* Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
* Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal and Pet Coverage
* Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
* IES is an equal employment opportunity employer.
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS.
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the company s obligations as a contractor to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law. \\"EEO is the Law\\" poster | \\"EEO is the Law\\" poster supplement
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Poster
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request assistance.
IES Participates in E-Verify