Senior Software Developer - Network Infrastructure,Edge Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPost Date:
SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER - NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURE, EDGE SERVICES
Salesforce.com hosts web services and applications written by thousands of internal developers and tens of thousands of customers to provide the largest business automation cloud on the planet. The compute infrastructure that enables this innovation is rapidly evolving and so is the network infrastructure that goes along with it. Our network infrastructure needs to be scalable and secure, keeping pace with evolving needs of data centers offering application scalability, security and mobility in a flexible and autonomous way. This includes services that sit at the edge of our production data centers and provide monitoring and load-balancing to reduce end-user latencies while maintaining enterprise grade security for everything that enters or leaves our data-centers.
SOME ATTRIBUTES OF SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES
* Passion for designing, developing, debugging, and operating resilient distributed systems and services that run across hundreds/thousands of nodes in multiple datacenters.
* Interest in capturing logs and metrics at scale and make data-driven technical decisions, with special focus on improving end-user experience.
* Agilista capable of driving and delivering thin slices of end-to-end functionality on a regular cadence with data-driven feedback loops.
* Experience with different customer deployments having isolated failures and analysed root cause of issues in significant deployments.
* Good breadth of experience in designing networking systems and services. Have data-driven opinions on how the network software needs to be deployed and configured.
* Desire to break away from building traditional networking boxes and focus on agility, simplicity and scalability.
* Experience with OSI layers, TLS/SSL terminations, load-balancers, DoS/DDoS detection and avoidance techniques.
REQUIREMENTS IN AT-LEAST SOME OF THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
* 2+ years of service development/operational experience
* Experience designing services with high-availability, reliability and scalability in mind
* Strong problem solving/troubleshooting skills using metrics & logs from varying sources
* Understanding of Linux internals, TCP/IP, DNS, Load-Balancing, Web-Caching, TLS/SSL
* Experience with analysis of large volume of data to make performance improvements
* Experience with programming in GoLang, C, C++ or Python
* Passion for developing tools for debugging and analysis
Salesforce is the global leader in customer relationship management (CRM) software. We pioneered the shift to cloud computing, and today we're delivering the next generation of social, mobile and cloud technologies that help companies revolutionize the way they sell, service, market and innovate-and become customer companies. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World's Most Innovative Company according to Forbes and one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For. Our "more human, less corporate" culture is built around doing work that matters, winning as a team and celebrating success Aloha-style.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.