Network Infrastructure Technician - IR Infrastructure Services Network Services Administration
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
UT Soutwestern University Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONFull/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Telecommunications, or related field. Three (3) years experience in design, integration, and implementation of voice and data communications cabling systems and related infrastructure for large sites. Must have knowledge of TCP/IP and Cisco technologies, and be familiar with troubleshooting protocols.
Registered Communications Distribution Designer or Telecommunications Design Engineer certification required.
If area of employment requires use of a University-owned vehicle, employee will be required to possess a valid Texas Drivers License, pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check, and complete drivers training (or van training, if applicable), in accordance with UTS Policy 157, appendix B.
Assists with design, integration, and implementation of voice and data communications cabling systems including new and renovated structures within UT Southwestern Medical Center (UTSW).
1. Responsible for design, installation, maintenance and repair of all campus OSP/ISP copper and fiber backbone cabling.
2. Responsible for the design, integration and installation of pathways, technology spaces, fiber and copper based distribution systems, wireless-based systems, and infrastructure that supports the transportation of information and associated signaling between and among communications and information gathering devices.
3. Responsible for the installation, termination, and certification of cable plant installations (CAT 5E, CAT 6, CAT 6A, 10G, fiber optic, etc.) pathways, spaces, bonding, grounding and fire stopping.
4. Define network cabling standards, and deploy cabling and other technology space engineering solutions, such as entrance facilities, POP rooms, MDF/IDF design, rack layout, space, power, UPS systems.
5. Review site surveys, condition discrepancy reports, design documents and other documentation to evaluate installation feasibility.
6. Utilize AutoCad to create and/or revise necessary construction plan documents. Calculate labor and material costs.
7. Work with assigned external contractors in providing support for implementation and completion of projects within UTSW.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
To the extent provided by applicable law, no person shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any program or activity sponsored or conducted by The University of Texas System or any of its component institutions, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability..