Network Management Services Developer 8/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY NETWORK MANAGEMENT SYSTEM DEVELOPER
Our client is looking for a qualified individual to fill a Network Management System (NMS) Developer in the Gaithersburg, MD area. The NMSDeveloper will be responsible for creating tools and scripts to automate daily tasks and to augment NMS solutions. The NMSDeveloper will also be responsible for the back-end development necessary to update and maintain our client's database and application servers through a combination of programming languages and also perform ongoing day to day operations of the servers software and system security.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Maintain and advance our client's Network Management Systems.
* Develop and maintain Network Management tools used in the proactive monitoring our VSAT networks.
* Provide reporting and trend analysis internal and customer use.
* Provide visibility to customers via a support portal giving the customer real-time service status.
* Must have relevant experience in supporting NMS systems. (OpenNMS, Solarwinds, HP/OV, Nagios, Traverse, PRTG, Hyperic, etc)
* Support commercially available products systems, as well as develop custom tools.
* Research products to ensure right fit for the job. Perform testing and qualification of products.
* Good written communication skills to present recommendations to management for approval as well as documentation to customers as necessary.
* 3-5years or more experience working in a back-end development environment utilizing C#/.NET development
* MUST HOLD AND BE ABLE TO MAINTAIN AN ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE
* Strong coding background with Perl, PHP, Python, HTML, SQL/MySQL, and Oracle database management
* Experience creating front-end user interfaces to new or existing databases and applications (Oracle, SQL/MySQL)
* Knowledge of operating systems such as Linux/UNIX, Windows Server, and working with VSAT networks
* Hands on experience supporting Network Management Systems such as Solar Winds, OpenNMS, HP/OV, Nagios, Traverse, PRTG, Hyperic, etc.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
ABOUT TECH USA:
_Tech USA is a comprehensive provider of staffing and workforce solutions throughout the Infrastructure and Information Technology Industries, including Education, Healthcare, Financial, Government, Engineering, and Cyber Security. We are actively seeking candidates for contract, contract-to-hire, project support and permanent placement jobs throughout the nation. View our website to see a list of our current open positions; however, not all of our positions are listed so don't forget to submit your resume and request a consultation with one of our IT recruiting specialists to explore your opportunities further._
_At Tech USA we understand that next to your family, your career is one of the most important aspects to a happy and fulfilling life. This is why we take the time to truly understand and get to know our candidates, so we can then pair them with the right job, not just any job. As a result, Tech USA is known throughout the industry for quality, reliability and the highest satisfaction from both our clients as well as the candidates that we represent. Contact a local Tech USA representative today and learn about the many opportunities we may have available for you. Tech USA is an equal opportunity employer._