Network Operation Center Operator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Enterprise team great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the information they need using whatever channel they prefer.
Nuance operates a 24*7 Network Operations Centre which monitors the end to end solution provided to our customers.
The NOC Operator forms part of the overall 24*7 team, and has specific accountabilities and responsibilities to monitor system alerts, perform routine end to end tests, apply first line fixes where possible, gather diagnostic information for incident escalation, redirect traffic, perform reports and deploys and other necessary support tasks.
This is a First line support role.
* Monitoring the end to end business solution
* System issue identification and resolution by applying known first-line fixes or escalating to subject matter experts
* Analyze and document issues that cannot be fixed at first level for escalation to second line
* Communicating with both internal and external customers in a professional manner
* Staying up to date with system and solution developments/changes
* Take proactive measures to address faults and documenting actions taken
* Performing technical system checks and shift readiness reports
* Ensuring that the incident ticketing system is regularly checked for high or critical priority tickets that need escalating to on call teams.
* Maintaining a professional composure and appropriate level of urgency during high severity events
* Ensuring issues with processes, toolsets, operating risks are brought to leadership attention, weighing in on solutions
* Performing world class support to both internal and external customers
Number of Years of Work Experience:1 year in a highly technical customer service role with a strong understanding of customer service principles.
* Self motivated; will work well autonomously and within a team environment.
* Maintains composure during stressful situations and focuses on the end goal or results
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Requires an intermediate working knowledge of trouble-shooting and problem resolution methodologies
* Ability to build knowledge of applications, production support policies and procedures.
* Ability to work multiple tasks simultaneously to completion.
* A flexible schedule, and the ability to work shift work in a 24/7 environment
* Demonstrates urgency and takes proactive responsibility for ensuring issues get escalated and resolved
* Strives for continuous improvement and takes accountability for team success and positive customer experience
* Demonstrates solid judgment skills and asks questions when unsure
* Intermediate working knowledge of UNIX/Linux, SQL, shell scripting, XML, and a general understanding of encryption technologies (such as PGP and MD5).
* Basic understanding of computer networking and network protocols, such as FTP, telnet, HTTP(S), and SSH.
* A strong dedication to World Class Customer Service with background in phone and email etiquette.
* Familiarity with application and infrastructure monitoring tools and methodologies
* Previous experience in a highly visible, high pressure role
* Previous experience in a technical support or NOC role
Education: Degree in the Computer Science, or Information Technology discipline
The equivalent work experience of a minimum of 1 year experience in a highly technical fast paced customer service role with a strong understanding of customer service principles.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.