Network Operations Center Service Analyst - Student Co-op
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 11/25/2016
Nokia Siemens Networks
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Plano RNOC team provides Tier 1 and Tier 2 monitoring and RTS support to a diverse set of Alcatel-Lucent clients of the North Americas Managed Services. Clients include major US Enterprise fiber backbone providers, multiple utility companies in the North American region, and clients with current and legacy ALU equipment who require RTS/OTS/RES support, and other clients who require a common triage point for their techs to obtain pass through support from multiple vendors.
The student will handle trouble tickets in several different formats. They will be responsible for receiving and making calls in support of diverse clients. They will have extensive use of wiki and vendor resources in performing ticket triage and routing. Applicant must submit to NSA background checks as part of screening before full participation can be enabled. Criteria for application requires US citizenship or Permanent resident status.
The Nokia co-op program runs parallel to a students current class work allowing them to remain in school while gaining work experience.
Co-op\'s must be actively pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree to be eligible for the program.
Qualifications Essential Skills:
* Sophmore level or above in an accredited college/technical school.
* Experience with Microsoft office tools.
* Good language skills, both written and oral.
* Technical curricula, IP and transport networks.
* Interest in Telecommunications environment.
* Previous call center experience.
* Previous employment involving participation as a team member.
* Must be pursuing a Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Business from an accredited college/university
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
* Able to work from the Plano, TX office
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.