Network Operations Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 1/18/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Decypher is a leading integrator of professional, technology, and management solutions and services. We provide our services globally to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. Our employees are our most valuable asset and play an integral role in the success of Decypher and our clients. Working at Decypher is not a job, but a career where your talent and energy is respected and you can personally make a difference. Decypher invites you to join our professional team. Decypher is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Decypher is seeking Network Operations Technician candidates to support the USDA at Riverdale, MD.
* Act as the Service Owner/Manager as defined by ITIL performing service management functions for delivery of Enterprise Network Service. Meet established Service Level Agreements (SLAs), Operational Level Agreements (OLAs), or other governing documents for Services and Service Components.
* Support Event Management processes by identifying CIs and Services requiring monitoring. The contractor shall also identify thresholds and key performance indicators to monitor the service and/or Configuration Items (CIs) for both normal and abnormal conditions as applicable. The contractor shall respond to event notifications (i.e., Informational, Warning, and Exception) and take appropriate actions. The use of automated event notification and responses shall be applied as often as possible.
* Support the Incident Management Process Owner and execute Incident Management process, activities, and associated policies and governance. The contractor shall open, document, and close incidents using the Government-provided ITSM tool suite (currently ServiceNow). The contractor shall escalate incidents using the APHIS escalation matrix and will perform incident investigation and analysis activities. The contractor shall recommend issues to Problem Management as required, through the ITSM tool.
* Produce individual system and overall statistics, metrics, and any other requested specific technical or planning information as needed. Use of automated ad hoc statistics and metrics from the ITSM tool suite is encouraged.
* Support the Problem Manager and the Problem Management processes. The contractor shall open, document, and close Problem actions using the Government-provided tool suite (currently ServiceNow). Perform problem investigation and analysis activities, identify root causes, develop & document resolutions/work-arounds in the Known Error Database (KEDB), and create Requests for Changes (RFCs) as needed for resolution.
* Submit, implement, and complete Requests for Change (RFCs) as prescribed by the APHIS Change Management Process/Policy. The contractor shall assist in the development of change processes, models, and participate in Change Process activities as required (e.g., Change Advisory Board, Change Practitioner). The contractor shall provide analysis of the operational impacts of system changes (e.g., network expansions, additions, upgrades and reconfigurations in hardware/software suites) as requested.
* Provide Transition Planning and Support as required. This includes participation in working groups, planning meetings, estimations, and resource planning. The contractor shall work closely with Technical Management & Oversight and Project Management teams to ensure successful delivery and implementation of new or changed services.
* Identify Configuration Items (CIs) and CI attributes for tracking and ensure the Configuration Manager Database (CMDB) accurately reflects the appropriate CIs within the Service Operations area of responsibility. The contractor shall create and maintain Configuration Models.
* Support the Service Validation and Testing Process and related activities to increase service quality and reduce risk of transitioning services. The contractor shall participate in fit-for-use (Warranty) and fit-for-purpose (Utility) testing and delivery of new and changed services or components.
* Share perspectives, ideas, experience, and information to enable informed decisions and to improve efficiency by reducing the need to rediscover knowledge. The contractor shall prepare knowledge articles and submit per the Knowledge Management Process for inclusion in the APHIS Knowledge Management Database (KMDB). The contractor shall define intra-office authorizations and responsibilities to produce, manage, and retire applicable internal and external knowledge information within the scope of this PWS using the KMDB.
* Ensure services are supportable and documented correctly through participation in the applicable Service Catalog, Change Management, and overall Service Strategy and Design activities as required. The contractor shall provide service ownership and management for services provided by their respective teams, utilizing the services management principles. The contractor will ensure information in the Service Catalog pertaining to their area of responsibility is correct and current.
* Track and review the delivery of supplier provided (commercial) services, software, & equipment (e.g., performance, delivery times, quality) to ensure the highest quality of supplier support to deliver services. The contractor shall make recommendations to the Government for increased supplier quality in the quarterly report.
* Support the Service Level Management (SLM) process and participate in the establishment of service levels. The contractor shall aid in the proper tracking of service thresholds and events to measure service levels accurately.
* Perform Capacity and Availability Management planning. Provide, recommend, and implement solutions to ensure availability of services in the near term and necessary capacity within the timeframe established by the Government.
* Prepare and maintain continuity plans for C4 systems to include alternate site designations for restoration of mission or business essential functions. The Contractor shall support the development of Continuity of Operations (COOP) plans to ensure effective continuity of service. Review continuity plans of service owners to ensure adequate capacity and availability of COOP infrastructure to support those plans.
* Plan, coordinate, schedule and conduct Authorized Service Interruptions (ASIs) for required IT system and service outages. Attend meetings with Program/Project Managers, developers, and/or functional users. Coordinate with IT Operations Management for system/service downtimes. Provide documentation, answer technical questions, and provide appropriate support to individual Program/Project Managers to minimize the impact of scheduled service/system outages to customers and users.
* Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certificate.
Minimum 5 years experience in similar work