Network Performance Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Network Performance ManagerJob ID:
Harris IT Services is seeking a Network Performance Manager for a classified program focused on integrating all Tier 3 engineering functions initially and integrate Tier 2 operations, monitoring and problem restoration Job ID:
HITS20151704-4646 Job Description:* Responsible for driving performance optimizations and end to end improvements within the LAN/CAN/WAN networks.
* Manage the delivery of measurable improvements in performance, scalability and reliability and in Engineering's ability to identify issues in advance through better tools and instrumentation
* Oversee design and run extensive scalability, reliability and stress tests using custom developed workloads and benchmarks regarding all networks
* Supervise strong team of performance engineers
* Evaluates vendor products and recommends purchases consistent with the organization's short and long term objectives
* Recommends and implements network policies and procedures and ensures adherence to security procedures Qualifications:* Requires a Bachelors of Science degree (or the equivalent) in a related field, plus 9 years of related work experience in an engineering discipline
* Minimum 6 years experience with expertise in at least one network management software package like:
Vitalsuite, HAPIE, HP Openview, IDXchariot, wireshark, HPNA, OPNET, observer analysis tool
* Minimum 6 years of knowledge with TCP/IP, LAN/CAN/WAN principles to include secure network policies; IP Addressing and Subnetting; Routing and Switching systems (Cisco or Juniper).
* Minimum 6 years of experience in the installation, maintenance, and performance of basic configuration, testing, and troubleshooting of IP network LAN and WAN devices.
* Minimum 6 years of experience with the following network technologies, Virtual LAN's and Trunking (VPN's), IP Routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP), Network Security Access Control List (ACL's); historical knowledge of ATM and SONET.
* Minimum 6 years of demonstrated experience working with intelligence community customers to determine network requirements, write system requirement documents, and develop performance solutions that are in compliance with best engineering practices, standards, and guidelines. Preferred Additional Skills:* Use of MS Office for documentation, generation/updates
* Experience with Intelligence Community (IC) environment and policies.
* Hold at least one of the following Cisco certifications:
CCENT, CCDA, CCNA, CCIE
* Proficiency in project management or project management concepts. This position requires the candidate to already possess an active TS/SCI polygraph security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship. By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Network Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - VA - Herndon .