Network Planning Engineer New Grad
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION(Network Planning Engineer (New Grad)Job ID:
Network Planning Engineer (New Grad) JOB CODE:
Melbourne/Palm Bay, Florida COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
Harris is an international communications and information technology company serving government and commercial markets in more than 125 countries. Headquartered in Melbourne, Florida, the company has approximately $8 billion of annual revenue and about 23,000 employees - including 9,000 engineers and scientists. Harris is dedicated to developing best-in-class assured communications products, systems, and services. Additional information about Harris Corporation is available at harris.com. JOB DESCRIPTION:
Harris is searching for talented entry level Network Planning Engineers to join the Harris team to help design and develop cutting edge communications and digital communications. Our network planning engineers produce state of the art systems and products in support of many domains and varied technologies. We build systems in healthcare, weather processing, air traffic control, law enforcement, aircraft avionics, satellite communications, wireless, cyber defense, environmental, and utilities.* Provide technical support for a large enterprise network IP service.* Conduct network architecture design, feasibility and modeling.* Design, analyze, plan, and modify network components and/or software by translating customer requirements and objectives into final product design.* Develop and evaluate network performance criteria and measurement methods.* Resolve problems using internal and external groups, as needed, to correct trouble on the network and interact with the customer.
* Monitor for, analyze, troubleshoot network problems within Network Operations Control Center (NOCC) utilizing network management and monitoring tools.
* Monitor the alarm conditions on the network to proactively identify and minimize disruption and impact to the network.
* Utilize test methods to analyze/troubleshoot Ethernet, IP, Frame Relay, ATM, WAN, LAN. Work with Local Exchange Carriers, ILECs, IXCs to resolve WAN problems.
* Position is part of a 24x7 network control environment requiring shift and workday flexibility. QUALIFICATIONS:* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Technology/Computer Information Systems with network focus, or Computer Science with Communications/Network Focus
* GPA of 3.0 or greater PREFERRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:* Knowledge of WAN/LAN, TDM and VoIP, TCP/IP, Frame Relay, ATM and specific routing protocols such as OSPF, ISIS, BGP and EIGRP; DWDM, CTI and/or VPN technologies; Signaling protocols, TDM framing/timing, IP based networks, and SONET infrastructure.
* Knowledge of Optical Carrier specifications ranging from OC3 to OC192 and a thorough comprehension of digital signaling ranging from DS0 through DS3.
* Cisco certifications (such as CCNA and CCNP).* Systems administration skills desired. Security Clearance:
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Network Engineering Education Bachelors Degree Job Type Full Time Location USA - FL - Melbourne .