Network Scientist, Researcher
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Assured Information Security, Inc.
Assured Information Security (AIS), Inc. is seeking a network researcher to participate on a DARPA project. AIS is a cyber security research and development company that provides research solutions to the Department of Defense and the Intelligence community. AIS manages research efforts with DARPA, IARPA, Air Force Office of Scientific Research, Air Force Research Lab, and other government and commercial customers. AIS loves to work the hard problems in all aspects of cyber security.
- Knowledge of autonomous systems
- Experience in WAN operations, protocols, challenges
* Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Detailed knowledge of Internet protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, BGP, OSPF, OLSR, HTTPS, TLS, SSL, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of Spanning Tree, VLAN s, VTP, Trunking protocols
- Proficient at troubleshooting L2/L3 issues
- Experience network resilience research
- Knowledgeable in Network vulnerability analysis and cyber network attacks
- Experience in network modeling and simulation
- Familiarity with IETF standards
- Experience with C/C++ and network open source tools
- Comfortable with scripting tools and languages such as Perl, Python and Unix/Bash scripting tools
- Willing to help write white papers and proposals
- Enthusiasm to help build your own research program
- Travel percentage: 10%
Doctorate/PhD+5 years experience OR MS+10 years experience
Location: Linthicum, MD
Security Clearance Requirements:
Must be a US citizen. A clearance is not needed to start. The candidate will be required to undergo background check, get a DOD clearance, and maintain it.
AIS is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor