Network Security Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
Overland Park, KS
About the Position:
We re currently looking for smart, enthusiastic people who want to help us revolutionize the security intelligence industry by solving our customers complex problems. We have a product that customers love, very gifted product and engineering teams that are building innovative solutions, and an unbeatably fun culture.
The Network Security Engineer is responsible for Network Security software development including collaborating on the development of requirements, writing technical specifications, designing, coding, and working with a team on testing and deployment. This is a key, hands-on software development position that will work closely with other members of the team to develop new features and functions.
* Partner with Product Management, Development and other Engineers to install and support firewall management solutions for internal research and development (R&D).
* Provide technical expertise during the application development process to support products and solutions from a range of vendors including firewalls, routers, switches, IPS, proxies and more.
* Build and maintain test labs, assist in software design, and provide technical assistance to developers.
* Assist in testing software solutions.
* Gather all the technical requirements for integrating with the security devices. This includes reading administrator guides, user guides, CLI guides etc.
* Learn the inner workings of the security device and converting that logic into a structure that the application can use.
* Work, in conjunction with product managers, architects and developers in the scheduling, architecting, and design of the software integration with the security devices.
* Setup, manage, and maintain security devices in the test lab to provide support for R&D and integration testing.
* Create and execute test cases to ensure proper code functionality within the application.
* Serve as a support escalation point for complex support issues involving device integration.
* Create internal KB documentation for known configurations to assist with support issues.
Required Skills and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related field OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
* 3 + years of network design and support
* Expertise in the area of networking and / or security
* Experience with packet trace and analysis techniques and tools
* Experience with network security tools such as firewalls, IPS, routers, switches, proxies, etc.
* Familiarity with virtualization technologies and platforms
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and writing skills
* Outstanding problem solving skills, including the ability to meet a business requirement with a technical solution
* Must be willing to work in a fast paced environment with multiple roles, and demonstrate high emotional intelligence
* Regex experience
* Flexible and able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
* Possess a positive attitude and work well with others
Preferred Skills and Experience:
* Cisco, Check Point, Juniper, Palo Alto expertise preferred but any firewall technology is acceptable
FireMon offers Enterprise-Wide Monitoring and Management platforms. Customers look to us for continuous, real-time visibility into exiting security infrastructure. We re headquartered in Overland Park, KS with a global presence in 53 countries. Our global team of 200 employees helps over 1,000 customers including 100+ of the Fortune 500 companies.
FireMon is securely backed by some of the savviest investors it the industry. We ve experienced consistent Year over Year growth. One of our co-founders was recognized as the 2015 Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the year for the Midwest, we ve been featured as a CRN Partner Program Winner three years in a row and SC Magazine awarded us with a Five Star rating in Risk and Policy Management the past three years.
We strongly believe in hiring self-motivated, resourceful individuals that thrive on solving complex problems. Our success comes from promoting a healthy work/life balance and making it a priority to have a great time while building a great company.
EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veteransless than span