Senior Network Security Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/4/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Post Date:
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce is currently seeking a Senior Network Security Engineer who is passionate about security, and has had hands-on experience with networking security. Salesforce's Infrastructure Security group manages a fast-paced and constantly growing network that seeks to implement cutting-edge technology to secure the systems behind one of the world's largest business driving technologies.
* Definition and enforcement of network security policies
* Definition and implementation of network ACL/firewall policy
* Datacenter architecture security assessments/reviews
* Prepare and deploy networks supporting security infrastructure
* Research/implement new security technologies
* Management/Review of network device security configuration and architecture
* Network device vulnerability assessment/remediation
* Security incident response in coordination with other teams across the company and/or externally as required.
* Formulating and implementing monitoring, policies, procedures and standards relating to network security.
* Participation in a 24x7 on-call rotation on a periodic basis
* Support ongoing and new security/compliance initiatives
* Some travel may be required.
* This is a full-time position at our engineering office in Herndon, VA OR San Francisco, CA.
* BS/BA degree, or equivalent work experience
* Experience working with systems from one or more of the following vendors: Palo Alto, Fortinet, Arista, Cisco Systems, Juniper Networks, Force 10, F5 Networks, Gigamon.
* 5+ years experience managing network security infrastructure (Router ACLs, stateful firewalls, etc)
* 5+ years experience in a high-availability 24x7x365 environment with highly structured change management
* Experience with secure remote access/WAN technologies (ipsec, VPN, etc)
* Strong technical understanding of network fundamentals and common Internet protocols.
* Experience with multi-site routing, peering, and disaster recovery network architectures
* Experience working Linux/Unix environments
* Experience securing large-scale web applications and major Internet host/network services (HTTP, DNS, SSL, etc.)
* Automation/scripting skill for configuration management/monitoring
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.