Network Solutions Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
This role will be responsible for the architectural network design of mobile backhaul and network integration for ASTRO 25 land mobile radio, WAVE IP communicator command and control, and next generation 911 communication solutions. Markets are Public Safety, Federal, State and local government agencies requiring highly secure, easily managed, mission critical IP networks.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
* Lead and define technical network architecture designs for ASTRO 25 mobile backhaul networks
* Create and document detailed network drawings
* Continually evaluate third party vendor equipment used in our portfolio
* Lead the engineering community in best practices for network designs
* Support system deployment, migrations, and upgrades
* Bachelor's (BS) degree, preferably in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
* Minimum 5 years experience in IP networking
* Good understanding of effective network design methodologies and troubleshooting
* Preferred certifications: Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Juniper Network Certified Internet Associate (JNCIA), Fortinet Certified Network Security Professional (FCNSP)
* Experience with internet routing protocols: BGP, OSPF, ISIS, EIGRP, IGRP
* Other protocols: HSRP, VRRP, BFD, ICMP, UDP, TCP, IP, MPLS.
* Experience with LAN switching protocols: STP/RSTP, 802.1Q, 803.2 ring protection
* Proficiency with DNS, TCP/IP, OSI Data Model, VLSM, IP addressing and Sub netting.
* Experience with router and switch configuration: Juniper, Alcatel, Extreme, Cisco, HP, Fortinet
* Knowledge of different media types: Metro Ethernet, Frame-Relay, Ethernet, FDDI, SONET.
* Knowledge of physical layer such as: 1000BaseT, UTP, GBIC/SFP, Multimode/Single mode fiber, switches.
* Familiar with complex router and switch configuration, TCP/IP routing protocols, Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel, Extreme
* Experience in scripting is a plus.
* Experience with Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google applications, SecureCRT
* Self motivated, excellent written and oral communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills
* Works collaboratively and builds relationships with other colleagues, customers, and third party service professionals.
* Ability to travel as needed with limited notice
5 - 10
Bachelor s Degree 5+ years experience in Networking