This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 7/28/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Decypher is a leading integrator of professional, technology, and management solutions and services. We provide our services globally to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. Our employees are our most valuable asset and play an integral role in the success of Decypher and our clients. Working at Decypher is not a job, but a career where your talent and energy is respected and you can personally make a difference. Decypher invites you to join our professional team. Decypher is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Decypher is seeking Network/Systems Administrator candidates to support Headquarters Air Combat Command Directorate of Communications (ACC/A6) at Langley AFB, Virginia.
* Provide direct support to the ACC Communications Support Squadron (CSS) with primary focus on network infrastructure and architecture, security testing and certification recommendations for modifications or changes to computer systems.
* Provide technical support for Commercial Mobile Technology (CMT) services, to include, but not limited to, daily management, e-mail integration and mobile support.
* Document configuration changes, updates or any actions affecting the maintenance and support for the CMT services.
* Provide specific feedback to improve products and processes to senior team members and/or management, as directed.
* Assist ACC, 83d Network Operations Squadron (83 NOS) staff, sister communications organizations and other contractors with updating physical design, to include physical network topology, to ensure a consistent end-to-end network topology map.
* Provide CMT ad hoc training, informal one-on-one system administrator training, help desk and group training, covering all aspects of day-to-day end user administration.
* Troubleshoot complex technical issues experienced by the customer, using the tools provided and troubleshooting knowledge.
* Provide customer support through technical competence and effective communication skills.
* Effectively communicate technical problems, requirements and results to ACC, 83 NOS, sister communications organizations, other contractors, team members, customers and management.
* Provide technical analysis on issues to effectively work with customers who have varying technical aptitudes.
* Recommend potential solutions and data for existing and future system
* Strategize, design, develop, document and maintain application, system and network architectural designs.
* Ensure optimum configuration based on best practices
* Provide systems analysis support to virtualization environment
* Provide knowledge transfer and hands on training to assigned Government personnel
* Operate and maintain all virtualization peripheral equipment as requested
* Monitor virtualization and network monitor consoles and respond to error messages.
* Install and upgrade software and make required backup copies.
* Provide systems analysis support to supported systems and applications environments.
* Provide recommendations for Enterprise Services (ES) and applications upgrades.
* Apply upgrades and patches to ES applications. This includes installing upgrades and applying patches to all components of the ES suite.
* Perform assessment of all physical servers and provide recommendations to perform configuration/data migration to a virtual environment; as well as data migration to a cloud based solution.
* Directs, coordinates, and evaluates various tests, including factory acceptance tests of production models for complex systems requiring a team of subject matter experts (SME).
* Install and configure CMT applications in compliance with applicable security guidelines.
* Advise the Government on current and planned technologies, methodologies, tools and other best practices offered by vendors to enhance the effectiveness of the application and/or network.
* Support the expected migration of CMT to managed enterprise services. This can include providing all above tasks within the AFNet for servers located at remote locations.
* Develop standardized operating procedures for supported systems and applications.
* Bachelor Degree in IT related field or eight (8) years of continuous/current IT related experience
* CompTIA Security+ Level II Certification IAW DOD 8570.01-M
* Must have strong knowledge of network infrastructure
* Must have knowledge of enterprise-level SAN and SAN-related hardware /software
* Understanding of MS Exchange and MS SQL Server.
* Possess excellent project planning and technical writing skills
* Able to adjust to future virtual environment needs.
* Must be a US Citizen
* Clearance: Secret
* 4 years of network and systems administration experience
* Strong MS Windows server experience and current Operation Systems (OS).
* Experience using full capabilities of VMware Virtual Infrastructure (Set-up, configure, and maintain).
* Experience using capabilities and configuration of Virtual Center and VMotion.
* Experience in a military or Federal IT environment (preferred)