Network Systems Analyst 9/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Network Systems Analyst position is initially a three-month contract opportunity located in the Reston, VA area.
THE CANDIDATE MUST HAVE EITHER AN ACTIVE SECURITY CLEARANCE OR BE A US CITIZEN AND THEREFORE ABLE TO MEET THE MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR A SECURITY CLEARANCE.
The Network Analyst is a SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT with the expertise to HELP IDENTIFY AND DEFINE REQUIREMENTS FOR DEVELOPING AND IMPLEMENTING A NETWORK MANAGEMENT SYSTEM for a global satellite and terrestrial network.
* Prior experience running (design, manage and operate) multi-tenanted complex and redundant global networks that have multiple network segments (LAN, WAN, Satellite; VoIP)
* In-depth knowledge of a wide variety of devices and connectivity options (Cisco, Juniper; Firewalls, Switches, Routers, Satellite Modems)
* In-depth understanding of security - overall and across different customer assets of the network
* Experience in defining detailed technical requirements that can be implemented by a software development team
* Experience in devising means to define methods that would allow for capturing and calculating network metrics such as end-to-end availability for complex network paths
* Knowledge and expertise of implementations based on FCAPS
* Interview and Collaborate with the IP engineering, RF engineering, and Network Operations teams to understand their needs and define requirements for the NMS
* Write technical requirements documentation for the NMS software that:
* Identify all data points that should be collected from various devices - configuration data, performance data, troubleshooting data etc.
* Define rules and thresholds for alerts, alarms and notifications
* Define data security - identify user roles, permissions to various functions and data
* Define data retention periods for the various data points collected
* Validate the deliverables from the software development team against the defined requirements
* Perform checks for accuracy of data capture and data representation by the NMS software