This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
NCI Information Systems, Inc.
Fort Bragg, NC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Designated a 2016 Military Friendly® Employer
NCI: As the Network Technician ( Network Engineer II ) at the Fort Bragg Network Enterprise Center (NEC) , you will have the opportunity to support the Army by providing network support services. Your knowledge and experience will ensure the government customers goals and system is supported to the highest standards with the utmost professionalism. You will perform wireless network support , network systems upgrades , network systems configuration support , network system operational support and network problem logging / troubleshooting. Your ability to work with the customer and ensure project tasks are met will provide satisfaction in supporting the US Army.
Highlights of Responsibilities* Install and configure networking equipment such as Fujitsu Synchronous Optical Networking (SONET) switches , Avaya CS2100 / CS1000 Voice over Internet Protocol ( VOIP ) / TDM switches , Callegra call management systems and telephone firewalls.
* Diagnose and resolve networking problems associated with Fujitsu Synchronous Optical Networking (SONET) switches , Avaya CS2100 / CS1000 Voice over Internet Protocol ( VOIP ) / TDM switches , Callegra call management systems and SecureLogix telephone firewalls.
* Configure data network encryption devices such as , TACLANE 175 D model , TACLANE 175A , TACLANE 245A , and KIV 7M.
* Develop , implement , and assess network security measures and promote IT and network security control measures , practices , and techniques.
* Diagnose and resolve systems problems for RTMI , CA Spectrum and other network management systems as needed.
* Plan and prepare voice and SONET circuits and configurations for ingress/egress of the ICAN.
* Perform network security support as requested.
* Review the operation and maintenance of networking equipment.
* Recommend methods to improve NEC operations.
* Design and prepare technical reports and related documentation.
* Process all applicable service requests IAW CIO/G6 C4IM service list.
* DoD Secret Clearance.
* Intermediate proficiency in current Fujitsu Synchronous Optical Networking ( SONET ) switches , Avaya CS2100 / CS1000 Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) / TDM switches , Callegra call management systems and telephone firewalls.
* Security+ certification within last 3 years.
* Current Brocade Certified Network Professional (BCNP) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification (or obtain within 60 days of hire).
Preferred Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in an Information Technology related discipline or equivalent experience.
* Prior military service or support of military customers.
* Network+ Certification.
facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.