Network Administrator II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
Scientific Research Corporation
North Charleston, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Network Administrator will participate in a major effort to tech refresh and re-engineer core infrastructure of the Marine Corps Enterprise Network. For a network of over 100,000 users, the Network Engineer will support requirements definition, design, procurement, and integration of the enterprise wide solution.
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot peripheral network devices, hardware, and software related issues pertaining to the functionality of Local Area Networks (LANs) and Wide Area Networks (WANs)
* Find, notify, review, recommend, and schedule any repairs and/or maintenance to resolve network issues and problems
* Have the ability to troubleshoot and provide network end user support for all LAN-based applications
* Understand and be capable of installing and configuring workstations; both desktop and laptop
* Have the ability to take technical requirements or standards and translate into procurement requests for purchases, bills of material (BOMs), and justifications for network devices and items to include software, network switches and routers, equipment racks, Uninterrupted Power Supply's (UPSs), and other network related equipment for workstation configuration
* Be able to interact well with customers and communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
* Be available for minimal travel as necessary
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
* Three to eight (3-8) year's related experience in Information Systems, Information Technology, Communications Engineering, Network Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related area or occupational field
* Associate's or Bachelor's degree Network Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field a plus, but not required
* Security + or ability to obtain within six (6) months of start date to concur with DoD 8570 requirements. A+ and Network + certifications are optional and a plus for position
This position requires a DoD Secret clearance or the ability to obtain an interim clearance leading to a Secret clearance prior to start date. Applicants with an active Secret clearance preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled