Network Testing Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
TE SubCom (SubCom), a TE Connectivity Ltd. company, is an industry pioneer in undersea communications technology and marine services, and a leading global supplier for today s undersea communications requirements. As a vertically integrated supplier, SubCom designs, manufactures, deploys, and maintains the industry s most reliable fiber optic cable systems. Its solutions include long-haul and regional systems, repeaterless networks, capacity upgrades, offshore oil and gas, and scientific research applications. SubCom brings end-to-end network knowledge and global experience to support on-time delivery and the needs of customers worldwide. To date, the company has deployed more than 100 cable systems and enough subsea communication cable to circle the Earth 15 times at the Equator. For more information visit www.SubCom.com.
TE SubCom, a world leader in subsea fiber-optic cable systems, is seeking a Network Testing Intern for Summer 2017 in our Eatontown, NJ location. This individual will work within the Network Testing group assisting Lead Engineers in various engineering, project documentation, and planning duties.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Develop test plans and methods of procedure.
* Verify test plans in system test and product qualification labs.
* Specify and stage field portable test equipment and supplies.
* Implement field test plans.
* Update test plan results following field work.
* Evaluate new field portable test gear solutions.
* Potential participation in a field assignment during a network equipment testing program. Expected duration of up to three (3) weeks at an international location.
* Engineering Major in Electrical, Optical, Computer or Mechanical Engineering.
* Junior or Senior college level. G.P.A. of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; AutoCAD experience is a plus.
* Available to work out of Eatontown, NJ office.
* Willingness and desire to travel. Passport required or the ability to obtain one by the internship start date.
* Ability to perform Hands-on work.