Network and Security Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Full Time Regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for a Network and Security Architect in Houston, TX. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
The position is an Operations/Engineering role with a focus on transformation and support of production infrastructure solutions and Architecture. Develops and supports an evolving global infrastructure including network, security and voice technology and solutions. Provides leadership in the identification and deployment of next-generation technologies, technical standards, systems integration and management tools. Insures adherence to standards, policies and procedures globally. The Architect is a Subject Matter Expert with responsibility for systems management, integration, optimization, capacity planning, performance analysis and deployments of solutions for a global team. This position requires expertise in a broad portfolio of activities including architecture, solution design, network, security and voice systems design, compliance, technology evaluations, configuration management and ITIL processes.
The Architect will have strong Networking, Security and SDN backgrounds. Be a senior technical leader with excellent problem solving, project management, communications and cross functional team working skills. The successful candidate will be part of a team operating globally to enhance and support an evolving network & securityarchitecture. You will engage and work with business leaders, operation support teams, engineers and vendors to develop, deploy and maintain solutions, implement and insure compliance to standards, and provide input as a subject matter expect.
* Operation of the global network, security and voice infrastructure, systems and services. Drives issues through closure engaging all appropriate resources. Leads technical bridges and provides troubleshooting direction. Provides guidance and recommended solutions to complex technical issues. This includes but is not limited to the daily support, troubleshooting and change execution of all related technologies.
* Manage and participate in project teams or as individual contributor developing, documenting and deploying solutions across a broad range of technologies. Champion the development and implementation of Engineering and Operations procedures, policies and processes. Leads the integration of projects into operations including instrumentation, automation, standardization, and methods/procedures.
* Develop and maintain comprehensive and current support and Engineering documentation including hardware/software inventory, logical and physical diagrams, run books, build documents, configuration standards, procedures and knowledge based articles.
* Ensure availability and resilience of infrastructure services to corporate users, vendors and our customers in Production and non-production environments. Works closely and collaboratively with other teams when developing and implementing strategies and supporting processes for areas of focus. Manage changes in the environment. Insure systems and solutions remain in compliance with requirements, standards, policies and procedures while enforcing change control and company policies.
* Drives issues through closure engaging all appropriate resources. Leads technical bridges and provides troubleshooting direction. Provides guidance and recommended solutions to complex technical issues. This includes but is not limited to the daily support, troubleshooting and change execution of all related technologies.
* Identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency through the use of automation. Develop and deploy the solutions.
* Analyze and approve change controls that will affect the internal and perimeter network and security components in a repeatable and defined manner while enforcing change control and company policies.
* Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Computer Science or related discipline and 12+ years' experience.
* In-depth experience and expertise in the entire infrastructure stack (Network, Security, Compute, Storage), architecture and design, deployment of solutions and handoff/transitioning to operational teams.
* Experience with multi-vendor network and security environments. Recent hands-on experience with Palo Alto, F5 and Cisco is required.
* Expert skills with significant recent experience in more than 3 of the following security areas:
* Next Generation Firewalls, VPN/Remote Access, Authentication, PKI, Penetration Analysis, Risk and Vulnerability Assessment or Intrusion Detection.
* Expert skills with significant recent experience in more than 4 of the following areas: Routing/switching, SDN, Automation, load balancing, QoS, Multicast/Anycast, SDN, traffic shaping/optimization, hybrid Cloud deployments, automation, network access controls, monitoring & management tools, HA configurations.
* Extensive experience with large enterprise Infrastructures with a focus on Architecture, solution design, implementations, operational readiness and documentation including functional and technical requirements gathering.
* The ability to build productive relationships with colleagues at remote sites around the world. Detail oriented and able to effectively manage competing projects and priorities. Excellent communication and documentation skills.
* Available 24x7 for operational support and escalations for related technologies.
* Relevant industry training and certification(s).
* Candidates with broad and deep knowledge and experienced with multiple vendor technologies and solutions are preferred.
* Scripting and automation experience with tools such as Chef, Puppet, PERL is a plus.
This is a operations position and will require working nights and weekends.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation
_Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law._