Neurology Pharmacy Patient Advocate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Kansas City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for Pharmacy Tech Coordinator
The Pharmacy Technical Coordinator collaborates closely with pharmacy, nursing, and medical personnel to provide pharmaceutical care for patients. This position ensures that drug therapy distribution results in safe, effective, and cost conscious use of medical and pharmaceutical supplies. The Pharmacy Technical Coordinator has coordination, leadership and potentially supervisory roles over technician staff in the pharmacy department and must demonstrate excellent interdisciplinary communication and leadership skills. Serves as a role model and facilitates a professional customer-focused approach.
* Performs all duties under the supervision of a pharmacist licensed in the State of Kansas. Works with pharmacy administration to comply with state and federal laws.
* Participates in the orientation, education, and coordination of training for pharmacy employees, residents, students, and staff.
* Assists patients, nurses and health care providers with timely and accurate preparation and distribution of medications. Communicates with these customers to ensure they are informed regarding the status of medications and related issues.
* Ensures that regular inventories, outdate checking are performed and that assigned areas are organized and well maintained. Assists in medication ordering in a manner that minimizes wastage and reduces stock outages.
* Assesses and maintains organization of medication inventory to comply with The Joint Commission standards, state and federal regulations.
* Assists in accurate medication order filling, compounding and record keeping to assure timely delivery of medications. Prepares medications using appropriate technique and equipment.
* Operates computer systems to accurately obtain necessary patient information and assure appropriate and accurate billing.
* Uses a courteous and professional customer-focused approach while interacting directly or on the telephone with customers. Directs customers with potential problems to the pharmacist, supervisor or administrator as appropriate.
* Assures timely distribution of prescribed medications and stock items.
* Participates in organizational and departmental performance improvement efforts and facilitating effective communication relative to these initiatives. Maintains a plan for personal development and completion of competency validation records. Participates in goal setting, ongoing development, and goals of team.
* Completes all aspects of personnel management and supports the ongoing development for Pharmacy staff in areas of responsibility.
* High School diploma or GED equivalent required
* Bachelor's Degree preferred
* Eligible for technician registration in the State of Kansas required
* PTCB Pharmacy Technician Certification OR equivalent National pharmacy technician certification required
* At least two years of experience as a pharmacy technician in a large hospital setting that offers comprehensive pharmacy services preferred
* Must be fluent in the English language
* Basic keyboarding skills required
* Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access skills preferred
*** If selected to move forward in the hiring process, you will receive an email invitation to schedule your interview for this position. Please continue to check your email after you have submitted your complete application online.
To check the status of your application, please login to the Careers page and select the Application History tab ***
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.