New Business Development Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/9/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
New Business Development Director
Auto Req ID
The primary purpose of the role is to lead the development of winning solutions for prospective for the Central Region, including development of the organization staffing model, identifying detailed savings and improvement plans, technology solution, service delivery processes and tools and the financial analysis that demonstrates the value proposition to our clients. The New Business Development Director is also responsible for identifying any financial or delivery risks for JLL, including completing the internal profitability analysis for JLL. The New Business Development Director partners with sales leaders, functional subject matter experts and marketing to put forth the most tailored, competitive solution possible for each client. Post verbal award, the New Business Development Director assists the sales leader in the contracting process by helping identify best business terms language, develop contract exhibits and conducting get-give analysis as needed. The New Business Development Director will participate as part of the Solutions Team to ensure that there is an ongoing exchange of best practices and creative solutions across all pursuits. New Business Development Director can also paired with a selected Service Line leaders to act as a single point of contact from the Sales team to guarantee a high level of collaboration and understanding across sales of each service line offering, value proposition, resourcing and pricing. An important responsibility of the New Business Development Director is knowledge management ensuring our best solutions, practices, value prop and pricing is applied to every deal. Finally the New Business Development Director has a governance role in terms of ensuring that Sales is leveraging their internal best practices and tools on every deal.
* Lead opportunity assessments
* Lead the solutioning process partnering with Service Line leaders to ensure the latest and best solutions are incorporated into the most competitive offering possible for each client
* Coordinate resources across geographies to create organization designs, service delivery strategies, best estimating and pricing, accurate proformas and risk mitigation plans.
* Participate in yellow pads to help diagnose client needs and in presentations to clients playing a key role in highlighting the Jones Lang LaSalle advantage
* Understand and clearly articulate the IFM products and service offerings; identify areas for improvement and recommend actions to implement enhancements to product leads
* Maintain a thorough knowledge of the competitive environment and articulate the firm s value proposition
* Support each deal through all internal approval processes
* Help identify additional potential sales or growth opportunities during the RFP process
* Own these deliverables that will be key for RFP response and business planning;
* Site Tours
* Integrated solution
* Portfolio cost modeling (details involved in client RFP)
* Financial pricing model (internal proforma used during approval processes)
* Proposed org structure
* Scope clarification
* Corporate functional reviews
* Assumptions, risk and risk mitigation documentation
* Proforma owner during RFP negotiations to validate scope and price changes on P&L
* Partner with Contract Manager to ensure all details from pricing and bid make it into the final MSA
* Develop needed benchmarks and analytics to support estimating and pricing, in particular when scope is lacking
* Substitute for the SD lead as needed during the pursuit process
* Lead knowledge management across SD
* Partner with the appropriate resources to ensure a seamless transition through to operations
* IFM Product Knowledge
* High energy level, thrives in a fast-paced environment; track record of exceptional performance; ability to manage many competing demands
* Relates well to all levels; establishes confidence and trust; highly thought of by peers and leaders
* Strong leadership and organization skills
* Ability to work in a collaborative environment and with competing priorities
* Depth of knowledge in IFM, high level knowledge of most service lines
* Ability to lead development of creative or unique solutions thinking beyond what we have always done, creating a vision of what could be, driving through hurdles, leading teams to develop unique solutions
* Excellent communication (oral, written and presentation) and analytical skills
* Managerial courage willing share unpopular position in the sales process when appropriate
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree minimum
* Proven track record in leadership or complex roles
* 10+ years of JLL or industry related experience
* Strong background in Operations (on account), ideally depth in IFM or TAS/Portfolio Strategy
* MBA is preferred
* Sales experience is preferred
* Strong preference for location in Chicago
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices