New Markets Upstream Senior Product Manager Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
Maple Grove, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONPRIMARY LOCATION: US-MN-Maple Grove
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS: (n/a)
REQUISITION ID: 289571
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets. In Interventional Cardiology (IC) we design, develop, and produce technologies for diagnosing and treating coronary artery disease and other cardiovascular disorders. Medical conditions we provide solutions for include: cardiovascular diseases, coronary artery disease, acute myocardial infarction. We are able to provide a numberof solutions to patients that include: drug-eluting stents, bare-metal stents, catheters, balloons, guide wires, coronary atherectomy and coronary intravascular ultrasound. We have a robust product line and pipeline, and we will continue to make an investment in interventional treatments.
The New Markets Upstream Senior Product Manager will have responsibility for representing the voice of customer, developing strategies/proposals for technologies, guiding product development and clinical strategy, and developing commercial strategies for new products for new and adjacent markets within Interventional Cardiology (IC). Initially, this position will focus on the areas of heart failure within the IC space.
- Develop comprehensive plans to identify and evaluate new business opportunities; sizing market opportunities, assessing customer needs and competitive landscape, understanding technology, project execution, and commercial implications, and creating robust business case proposals with detailed financial models
- Represent voice-of-customer/marketing and strategy input to product development and external teams to ensure best-in-class user experience
- Establish relationships with key opinion leaders in the field; analyze and summarize feedback from key opinion leaders, current and potential customers, third party market research and internal stakeholders
- Use classic marketing capabilities: market understanding, market segmentation, and product positioning to further business objectives
- Anticipate, monitor and track competitive initiatives
- Collaborate with functional partners to execute with speed and quality
- Identify best practices to address key business challenges and opportunities
- Exhibit professional maturity and help to foster an open, challenging, stimulating and positive environment that enables colleagues to be their best
QUALITY SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures. For those individuals that supervise others, the following statements are applicable:
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
- BA/BS required, Master's/MBA preferred. Ideally coursework in areas of Marketing, Strategy, Finance
- 5+ years of related experience with significant time spent in Marketing, Strategy, Finance, ideally in the healthcare domain (medical device, pharma, healthcare)
- 3+ years of upstream marketing experience developing new products preferred
- Demonstrated experience conducting assessments of sophisticated markets
- Demonstrated experience with complex financial modeling, including market, revenue, and investment models. Strong Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to create compelling and engaging presentations
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Creation of compelling presentations and effective communication of recommendations
- Ability to collaborate and work with others in a dynamic, matrix environment
- Position requires up to ~20% travel
Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. As a global medical technology leader for more than 30 years, we advance science for life by providing a broad range of high performance solutions that address unmet patient needs and reduce the cost of healthcare.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Notes: US-MN-Maple Grove||(n/a)||Marketing & Communications||(n/a)
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segment: Manager, Product Development, Marketing Manager, Marketing Communications, Marketing, Management, Research