New Patient Specialist III Per Diem Days
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY - - - # New Patient Specialist III \- Per Diem / Days Department:
Patient Access Services - - - # Description Requisition ID:
7939 Job Title:
New Patient Specialist III Shift:
Per Diem / Days Location:
* Position Summary and Key Responsibilities
* The New Patient Specialist acts as the initial contact for prospective patients and referring physicians inquiring about services at City of Hope\. The responsibilities in this role will include:
registering patients including the input of accurate financial & demographic data and the initial verification of eligibility\. The Specialist will also assist patients with obtaining records, slides and other materials required for their initial visit and provide clerical and scheduling support to the clinical staff\. The person in this role must be proficient in medical terminology\. Previous experience with electronic medical records and the process for requesting medical records is very important\.*
* Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
* Minimum Education:
* High School or equivalent\. _Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements\._*
* Minimum Experience:
* Three \(3\) years of medical office clerical or customer service experience\. Salary Range:
$19\.94 to $27\.92 hourly*
* About City of Hope
* City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life\-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient\-centered philosophy\. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non\-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand\-in\-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research\. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment\. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability\. .