New Product Development Engineer - Leeds, AL
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 1/2/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONHubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of transmission, distribution, substation, underground, OEM and communications products used by utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver power to millions of people worldwide. In our business failure is not an option. So we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity. And it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Perform new product design, development and implementation through production. Perform sustaining engineering tasks such as engineering changes and manufacturing assistance. Individual should be a self-motivator who can meet timelines with little supervision. The requirements and characteristics listed below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job and are subject to change.
* Ensure regulatory compliance of product designs per IEEE, IEC and ANSI standards with organizational membership highly encouraged.
* Execute product development from concept through product launch.
* Utilize 3D modeling software for component and assembly design.
* Assist in preparing cost/benefit estimates of project proposals.
* Evaluate components and purchased parts for compliance with design specifications and quality standards.
* Develop and assist with product material cost reduction projects.
* Prepare detailed process routings and BOMs, and ensure proper conversion into manufacturing systems.
* Interact with various internal department personnel, external suppliers and customers to resolve issues such as design, quality defects, and purchasing issues.
* Interface directly with customers regarding product design as it relates to specifications, quotations, application and voice of the customer feedback.
* Assist in training production level employees on key manufacturing and testing processes.
* Develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods for cost reduction and value analysis.
1. Experience with finite element analysis tools.
2. Familiar with IEEE, IEC and/or ANSI standards and type tests for high voltage switches.
3. Molding, sand casting and electromechanical experience.
4. Electric power distribution, vacuum interrupter, high voltage experience desirable.
5. 5+ years engineering experience preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
BSEE or BSME from accredited university. The successful candidate, in addition to having outstanding technical skills, will have the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of technical and non-technical customers, co-workers, and business partners. The ability to effectively present information in a positive manner and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers will be required. The right person will be a creative, high-energy, individual who is willing to think outside the box and knows how to manage technical risk.
New product design & development Chance product line
Product line sustainment Chance product line
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.