New Product Development Project Manager - Personal Electronics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
W.L. Gore & Associates, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONGore is a technology-driven global company built on entrepreneurial innovation, integrity, and teamwork. Our diverse portfolio includes everything from high-performance fabrics and implantable medical devices to industrial manufacturing components and aerospace electronics. Through our product leadership, we've been changing lives and changing industries for more than 50 years. What can you change by joining Gore? Visit gore.com/change-life to find out.
Gores Performance Solutions Division is committed to delivering breakthrough performance solutions for customers' complex product and process challenges in several key markets and industries including: aerospace, automotive, mobile electronics, music, semiconductor, oil and gas, industrial and pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. As a leading supplier of products engineered to be used in demanding environments, we are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our Portable Electronic Venting (PEV) business in Elkton, MD.
If you're searching for a company where you can make a difference, we're looking for you! In this role, you will utilize project management methodologies and strategies to drive successful commercialization of projects and product for the PEV strategic account. As Project Manager, you will work with the global project team to clarify and seek alignment on goals, develop a comprehensive project plan spanning all facets of product development, validation, commercial prep in Gore and our contract. You will track key milestones, adjust project timelines, interact with internal and external suppliers and stakeholders and develop resource plans base on project needs. You will be accountable for managing and monitoring performance of the project including providing guidance to the core teams and driving issues to resolution.
* Project Management on all phases of major strategic account programs (i.e. goal clarification, work breakdown structure, resource requirements, sequencing, scheduling, developing & executing project plan)
* Insuring contract manufacturers successfully complete key project deliverables
* Creating project plans, time-tables, risk analysis, communication plans, and project related documentation
* Facilitating global project team meetings/calls with internal and external team members to ensure communication with project teams is clear and effective
* Proactively predicting and identifying deviations from the project plan and keep all participants and stakeholders informed with alternatives for implementation and impacts to schedule or budget
* Facilitating resource constraints discussions with project champions and PEV core team
* Working with project sub-teams to ensure proper coordination of efforts and completion of project deliverables
* Helping facilitate and improving customer build coordination
* Interfacing and influencing with customers as it relates to project activities, timelines, and logistics
* Able to influence and solve situations where timelines need to be reduced
* Identifying the largest uncertainties within the project or sub teams and drive counter measures to resolve those uncertainties
* Integrating with Global operations, technology and sales teams
* In depth knowledge of Core Tech, PEV, and die cutting
* Managing overall project action items
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelors degree in a technical field
* PMP Certified
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in project management related to new product design and development
* Demonstrated experience working with global, cross functional teams
* Experience coordinating diverse project teams made up of business, technical, sales, operations and vendor resources
* Strong knowledge of die cutting
* Develop deep technical knowledge of Gore's materials and venting products
* Demonstrated ability to handle multiple and competing priorities and projects
* Ability to:
* Work off hours (evening meetings and calls)
* Work in fast pace environments
* Handle rapid changes in the project requiring quick decision making
* Influence cross functional teams and solve situations where timelines need to be reduced
* Comfortable making decisions based on incomplete data
* Hands on working style
* Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
* Ability to travel globally up to 25%
DESIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
* Graduate degree in business or technical discipline
* Knowledge of acoustics
* Experience in the portable electronics industry
* Demonstrated history of working with Japan
* Foreign language skills (Japanese and Chinese)
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
Gore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the US. Gore generally will not sponsor visas unless otherwise noted on the position description.
Gore is a M/F, Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer. (Applies to all positions in the U.S.)
KEYWORDS: Gore, job, Elkton, Baltimore, Maryland, MD, Newark, Wilmington, Delaware, DE, Landenberg, Avondale, Pennsylvania, PA, projects, manager, management, managing, engineer, engineering, science, R&D, technical, technology, technologies, implantable, venting, portable, electronic, new, product, design, systems, manufacturing, processes, processing, suppliers, vendors, resources, scheduling, schedules, milestones, coordinating, coordination, plans, planning, risks, commitments, objectives, goals, testing, tests, inspections, inspecting, specifications, resolving, changes, analysis, analyzing, concepts, conceptualizing, conceptualize