New Products- Engineering Manager I- Plastics Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Drive innovation and continuous improvement using your talents to transform patient outcomes. Partner with your team to create solutions for manufacturing challenges, and enhance delivery of plastic components to create medical devices for patients
ENDOSCOPY & UROLOGY/ WOMEN\'S HEALTH
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets. In Urology and Women's Health we deliver solutions to urological and gynecological disorders like kidney and bladder stones, stress urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, and excessive uterine bleeding.
In the Endoscopy division, we provide advanced technologies for diagnosing and treating diseases of the digestive system, airway and lungs. Medical Conditions we provide solutions for include: Malignant & Benign Tumors, Gastrointestinal Diseases, Pulmonary Diseases, Gastrointestinal Cancers and Abscesses. We are able to provide a number of solutions to patients that include: Balloon Dilation, Stenting, ERCP/Cholangioscopy, Biliary, Biopsy and Polypectomy, Hemostasis, Radio Frequency Ablation and Enteral Feeding. We have a robust product line and pipeline, and we will continue to make investment in non-vascular treatments.
Lead a group of Engineers and technicians in the development and implementation of Injection molding, Injection overmolding and extrusion processes for new disposable medical devices.
Develop and implement manufacturing business improvement projects and processes for disposable medical devices.
- Serve as primary contact and lead person on all divisional New Product Development projects manufactured in the Components department. Coordinate with NPE, R&D and Marketing to plan upcoming projects and manage current projects.
- All work will be performed as part of a matrix product development team. As individual projects require, this role will be leading project teams within the Components department. Excellent communications skills are required at all levels, both up and down the chain of command.
- Influences, guides, and manages internal/external resources to achieve critical program goals.
- Coaches others in the appropriate application of product/process development related activities.
- Provides significant guidance and approval regarding technical strategies and approaches.
- Provides guidance and training to staff, assists subordinates in attaining career goals, motivates individuals to achieve results, and recruits and maintains a high quality staff.
- Develops and monitors department budgets.
- Determines appropriate staff levels, schedules and resources.
- Drives the development of department tools and methodologies.
- Works cross-functionally in identifying and resolving technical issues.
- Drives and evaluates project and department progress and results
- Review/approve documentation to support new and improved manufacturing processes. Provide oversite to process validations (IQ, OQ, PQ) and verification of process controls. Interface directly with assemblers, production supervisors, leads, engineers and management daily. Coordinates with the suppliers and external resources needed in developing and implementing new process/product plans.
- Assesses process capabilities, prioritizes process improvement opportunities, and innovates and implements process improvements on commercial products.
- Applies technical knowledge to innovate, design, and develop processes, procedures, tooling and/or automation for injection molding.
- Executes the functional deliverables associated with the CAPA, VIP, Strategic Initiative, and Quality Systems.
- Plans, organizes, and conducts all aspects of technical reviews.
- Ensures proper documentation is completed to meet quality systems requirements. (e.g., GOI's, BOM's, Routers, FMEA's, etc.).
- Must comply with requirements of ISO 14001:2004 and BSC Environmental, Health and Safety standards and follow procedures and instructions related to these standards.
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports BSC's Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area they support. Ensure employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented.
Supervises and / or coach's Engineers, Technicians or other engineering support employees
QUALITY SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
The position requires a BSME, MET or related Engineering Degree plus 7-9 years of related work experience and previous supervisory / management experience. Must have a minimum of Six (6) years medical device experience in a process/manufacturing engineering role. Must have excellent mechanical aptitude, communication and interpersonal skills. Must be experienced in MS word, Excel and Project.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in the areas of Injection molding, Design for Manufacturing (DFM), and Design of Experiments (DOE). Experience with CAD Software (Solid Works & AutoCAD) and previous supervisory experience preferred.
BOSTON SCIENTIFIC (NYSE: BSX) TRANSFORMS LIVES THROUGH INNOVATIVE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS THAT IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF PATIENTS AROUND THE WORLD. AS A GLOBAL MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY LEADER FOR MORE THAN 30 YEARS, WE ADVANCE SCIENCE FOR LIFE BY PROVIDING A BROAD RANGE OF HIGH PERFORMANCE SOLUTIONS THAT ADDRESS UNMET PATIENT NEEDS AND REDUCE THE COST OF HEALTHCARE. FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT US AT WWW.BOSTONSCIENTIFIC.COM
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Nearest Major Market: Bloomington Indiana
Job Segment: Engineer, Product Development, CAD, Drafting, Engineering, Research, Quality