This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONNEWS ANCHOR/REPORTER
Requisition ID: 28911BR
Location: Woodbury, New York
Position Type: Full Time
A leading national telecommunications, media and entertainment company, Altice USA delivers residential and business services to more than 4.6 million total customers across 20 states. Our 18,000 employees have an unwavering commitment to customers and to providing quality products and outstanding service.
Our philosophy is built around our commitment to our employees, community and customers. We are committed to providing employees with opportunities for growth and development, as well as an environment where your ideas will help us drive our business and create a more meaningful employee experience.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 Long Island is looking for an Anchor/Reporter to generate story ideas, gather information, produce and present stories and other content for all platforms and in a manner that is clear, relevant and meaningful to news consumers. The Anchor/Reporter will ensure that all content meets News 12 Network standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
The right candidate should be able to develop sources, maintain contacts and pursue leads that result in original stories. The Anchor/Reporter will gather information, video content, interviews, and other elements necessary to produce thorough, high-quality news reports and present news and other content across all platforms including social media in a way that connects with viewers, demonstrating credibility, authority and broadly based knowledge of news. In addition, this role will assist in the writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating news programming and other content presentation, provide leadership that encourages excellence and assists in the smooth operation of the organization. The Anchor/Reporter will maintain deep level of familiarity with issues, newsmakers, and current events, shoot, write and edit well-written, fully-documented and creatively-produced news stories, series and documentaries for all platforms including social media. In addition, this position will represent News12 positively in the community in a courteous and professional manner, participate in promotional activities including public appearances, and respond to breaking news and other urgent newsroom situations as required.
* Associates or Bachelor s degree in Journalism or Communications preferred, Master s degree is a plus.
* Minimum four years full-time professional news reporting and/or anchoring experience preferred
* Effective on-air performance and good news judgment
* Knowledge of local and national current events, newsmakers, and issues
* Ability to conduct in-depth research and pursue investigative stories effectively
* Good news writing and copy editing ability for all platforms including social media
* Knowledge of libel laws and ethical foundations of journalism
* Maintain professional personal appearance as defined by News 12 management
* Ability to work cooperatively with others to create a sense of teamwork in the presentation of news and other programming
* Ability to conduct probing, in-depth and engaging interviews
* Proficiency in current and emerging newsgathering and production technologies
* Knowledge of news production techniques and demonstrated ability to develop engaging presentation
* Enhance stories by providing insight and perspective
* Ability to think quickly and respond appropriately in high pressure situations
* Ability to work in all weather conditions
* Flexibility to work any assigned shift
* Demos are required. Must enter link to demo reel under "web address/ demo reel" field on contact info page
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.