This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 1/21/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONNEWS PRODUCER
Requisition ID: 29506BR
Location: Bronx, NY
Position Type: Full Time
A leading national telecommunications, media and entertainment company, Altice USA delivers residential and business services to more than 4.6 million total customers across 20 states. Our 18,000 employees have an unwavering commitment to customers and to providing quality products and outstanding service.
Our philosophy is built around our commitment to our employees, community and customers. We are committed to providing employees with opportunities for growth and development, as well as an environment where your ideas will help us drive our business and create a more meaningful employee experience.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 The Bronx is looking for the right individual to lead the team that prepares and executes all aspects of news and other content for delivery on all platforms. The producer will ensure all content meets News 12 Network standards for journalistic integrity and production quality. Select and organize editorial elements for effective presentation to the public, drawing from knowledge of local and national current events specific to the communities we serve. Work with members of the production team to create visual and sound elements to attract and engage news consumers. Update elements on a continual basis while responding to breaking news and other urgent newsroom situations as required. Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
* Must have a minimum of one year of experience as a news producer or news associate producer.
* Must have excellent news judgment with knowledge of current events and history with effective news writing ability for all platforms.
* Must be creative and proficient in news production equipment and computers with understanding of news production techniques and the ability to develop engaging presentation.
* Must be able to work well under pressure alone, and as a member of a team.
* Must have excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to work a flexible schedule.
* Must have the ability to identify problems and develop solutions as well as the ability to coach and train.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke- free workplace..