This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday 12 AM-8:30 AM
Responsible for driver scheduling and dispatching trucks to ensure on-time departures. Monitors drivers throughout the night and relays information to customer service so they may inform customers of potential late deliveries or problems. Responsible for monitoring hours of service for drivers.
EEO / VETERANS / DISABLED
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
* Contacts replacement drivers to cover driver absences.
* Dispatches trucks and ensures on-time departure.
* Ensures late truck report is prepared.
* Collaborates with the Warehouse leadership for late truck notifications.
* Prepares and maintains DVCR spreadsheet.
* Modifies trips and enters paper logs into On Board Computer System.
* Ensures available hours report is accurate for DOT compliance.
* Reports violations of company policy to supervisor or lead.
* Handles accident reporting, maintains pre-trip documents, monitors computer dashboard for driver store arrivals
* Files transportation paperwork.
* Keeps area clean and maintains a safe working environment.
* Dispatching functions are completed in accordance with Company standards and procedures including quality standards and safety regulations.
* Effective communication and coordination exist with Company personnel and management. Assistance and support are provided as needed.
* Deadlines are met.
* High school diploma or GED
* Ability to communicate and work well with others.
* Astute, close attention to detail.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
* Familiar with delivery routes and DOT rules and regulations.
* Understanding of procedures in other areas of the warehouse for a more global understanding of all processes.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.